How long is vegetative state typically?

I’ve been growing my 2 white widow autoflowering plants for 6 weeks. They’re 2 feet tall now, full hand sized leaves and looking very nice. They live in a nice mylar tent with LEDs and good ventilation. How long before I set the timer to 12 hours on, 12 hours off ? They get 6 hours of dark currently. Thanks!

Growers usually flip somewhere between 6 and 12 weeks. I have 2 girls that I will flip at 6 weeks this coming week. They are each about 2 feet tall. I consider it early.

It’s actually 8 total weeks. I’ve subtracted 2 weeks for the seedling stage,

Autoflowering strains set their own schedule. There’s no need to switch your lighting to 12/12 at all.
On average, autoflower strains begin to flower around 6-8 weeks. Some less, some more - but on average, 6 to 8 weeks.

1 Like

Oh yeah. I missed the autoflower in your post. They will flower on their own.

My plants have another 12-18" of space before they are 4" from the lights. Should I let them get that tall before starting flowering stage?

Depends on your light brand and model, but I can’t think of any light that you would want just inches from your plant during flower. I never lower mine below 18" with the exception of the use of CFL bulbs during the seedling stage.

1 plant is autoflowering, 1 is feminized only. Is that a problem?

You should first make absolutely sure you have an autoflower strain. If so, just use some LST (Low Stress Training) to bend the stems over in a gentle curve to lower them away from the light.
If they turn out to be photoperiod plants, then do the LST and switch your lighting to 12/12 right away.

1 Like

Thank you very much. That was very helpful!

There’s a lot of good information here:

http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/wp-content/uploads/guides/Ilovegrowingmarijuana.com-grow-bible.pdf?_ga=2.221935704.1991170757.1574902845-472401764.1574902845

In my experience with autos, which admittedly is limited, while they don’t need to be switched to 12/12 mine have done better when I did switch them. Of course it may be I thought they did better. :wink:

1 Like

If the description for White Widow Autos say flowers in 8 weeks does that mean it starts after 8 weeks or is finished in 8 weeks? If it starts flowering after 8 weeks how much longer will it be ready to harvest? Thanks.

It is a reference to how long from being of flowering to harvest, but range is pretty broad 7 to 10 weeks usually, but can take longer depending on strains and your preferred amount of amber tricomes at harvest.

1 Like

i think autos are wierd! 6 weeks for me is still a seedling!