How long is this plant's life

A customer has a question or concerns and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks.

The ? is how long can you keep it from the soil I mean like how long (how many months or years ?)
And how to do it ?

If your talking about seed life I have had some for 18 years that still pop I put them in a small bag and a old film case ! Stored in a cool dryish place !!! If your talking about a plant you can keep a mother plant for a few years but the light schedule has to be at 18 on 6 off and keep her trimmed and clone off of it

4 Likes

I’ve heard of mothers being cloned to make new mothers, so really that time limit is indefinite since a clone is really a part of the same plant.

1 Like

First generation clones are ok to grow, anything after is pretty much waste of real estate ( room and time)
Unless you have something sooooo great you never want to let go ( some rare phenotype) I would not bother cloning the clones…its not worth it…

But again, some folks have no other choice I understand, yes you can clone clones of clones…etc.
But every generation will be weaker and weaker and at some point no matter what you do you will not be able to keep them healthy…

Worn out genes :wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

Anyway, Happy growing !!!

2 Likes