How long from seed to harvest?

How long would you estimate it would take from seed in pot to flower harvest? I recently ordered some Blackberry Kush and only have 4 months until I change locations. Can I do it?

Basically as soon as it’s 6 inches tall you go to flower but yeild will not be there but you will at least get something

1 Like

Hey @Turk, welcome to ILGM! You might be able to squeeze a grow into 4 months, but you’d probably do better to spend that time researching, figuring out what will work best. Then you can set up your new location exactly how you want it, with no rushing.

You’re looking at a minimum of 3-4 months, between germination (3-14 days), veg time (at least a couple weeks - plants won’t flower, regardless of lighting, until they’re mature enough to do so), transition/flowering (8-12 weeks, depending on strain…your BK flowers in 7-8 weeks according to some quick googling), and drying/curing time (at least a couple weeks or you’re shorting yourself).

Another option would be to grow some autos. Those might finish sooner, but again, you’re at their mercy, not really in your control. The more variables you can eliminate, the better.

2 Likes

Thanks guys! Curing and drying I could do on the run. Seems I could fit in the growing time in 4 months on a tight schedule. I could also learn a lot for when I return and stay for 8 months.

1 Like

How many seeds do you have? How much space? If you have plenty of both, and the lighting to fill the space, I’d do as many as I could fit, and veg them minimally, maybe even 12/12 from seed. Good luck, and let us know if you need help with anything. :v:

2 Likes

I have 10 seeds. I’m gonna try pots and 12/12 them from seed. Thanks

2 Likes

I think @elheffe702 has solid feedback. But it’s more like 4-5 weeks from sprout before your plant would flower. That would be the absolute earliest, some maybe a little longer. You could harvest in 4 months from sprout, but you would likely be curing on the run.

1 Like

Based on that :point_up:, I’d give them at least a week or two of more light, so you have a little more growth while they’re maturing before flowering.

Wow. I love it. Great support among lovers of this herb. Thanks again.

1 Like

Haha damgit Jefe and DB already got u hooked up… now drop those friggin beans’