How long for germination / growth?

Hi,

I just recently began the germination process, as described on the ILGM Video. I started with Strawberry Kush seeds, and soaked them in water for 24 hours, as suggested.

I moved them to properly hydrated Jiffy Pellets and they have been in the Jiffy Pellet plastic enclosure for ~24 hours. The pellets are, as suggested, not wet or dry, but moist. They expanded to the proper size prior to placing the seeds in them. The water I used for soaking, as well as Jiffy Pellet hydration tested at ~6.5 Ph.

My questions, for the moment are:

How long should it take before noticing growth sprouting from the pellets?

Once sprouting (hopefully) occurs, how long should they remain in the pellet prior to transplanting to grow medium? (I will be using a coco / perlite mix.)

I am asking primarily, as I’ve seen posts where some seeds sprout within a day or so, while other posts mention no sprouting for up to seven days. As this is my first time, I wish to ensure that I follow all of the instructions correctly.

Thanks in advance.

[quote=“LeStat, post:1, topic:3101”]
I just recently began the germination process, as described on the ILGM Video. I started with Strawberry Kush seeds, and soaked them in water for 24 hours, as suggested.

Please add the link to the video you watched.

How long should it take before noticing growth sprouting from the pellets?

Be patient! Genrally; 2-4 days. However; Seeds that have been stored incorrectly or for a prolonged period of time, can take longer.

Once sprouting (hopefully) occurs, how long should they remain in the pellet prior to transplanting to grow medium? (I will be using a coco / perlite mix.)

You never remove seedlings the jiffy pellets. You transplant them into pots or grow beds when they have 4-5 true sets of alternating leaf nodes. This proves a developed root zone.

lw. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply.

The video is embedded in the ILGM Seed Shop / Strawberry Kush, under the Video tab located here: ILGM Strawberry Kush

Under the Shipping and Germination tab, it mentions that replacement seeds could be sent for non-germinating seeds; however, that tab also said that the video would provide the instructions. I also downloaded and read the ILGM Bible and Plant Care Guide.

My main reason for asking on the forums is primarily to get a feel for what to expect, as I want to ensure I do everything correctly, being my first time. The ILGM Germination Video mentions sprouts would begin to show after 2 - 4 days, but also mentions 3 - 7 days. I’ve also read that others have had differing results, and that some of the timing is strain dependent.

On the medium, I think I wasn’t describing my planned setup properly. I will leave the seeds in the Jiffy Pellets, and those pellets will be what is placed into the Coco / Perlite mix. (I have seen a few people mention that it is best to remove the netting from the outside of the pellet during the move to grow medium, as roots may not penetrate the netting.)

While they are germinating, they are in the small green house that came with the Jiffy Pellets, and sitting under a 2’ 24w T5. Once sufficient growth has occured, they will be moved to the coco / perlite and placed under a Platinum LED L600 in a 1 square meter grow tent. (The tent is two meters in height.)

Thanks again for the reply.I will post updates as they occur. :smile: