How long does it take?

Well, I pulled the trigger and fimmed my plants. Weather I did it correctly, only time will tell. And that’s my question. How long should it take to find out if the fimming worked? I’ll tell you what I did and you guys can tell me what I did right or wrong. They are all very healthy. I gave them a worm tea in the middle of their day cycle. Then I fimmed them on the fifth set. Four sets of leaves below. Don’t worry about my feelings, I could’ve asked before I did it, lol. Also if you would, let me know what different scenarios may happen. Thanks!

3 Likes

I would love to follow you and learn more about this!! :blush::blush:

1 Like

My only experience with FIM is I actually FIMed a FIM. Hmm a double FIM. I ended up with a growth that looked like petals of a sunflower. Maybe more like a cauliflower. I cut it off and settled for a traditional topping.
A photo would be helpful

1 Like

As long as you cut enough you’ll get at least two tops. If you did it really well you’ll get 3 or more. If you didn’t cut enough you’ll just have one top.

Give it a week or so and you’ll know.

3 Likes

I’ll be letting you guys know what happens. I used my thumbnail to fim. Cleaned my nails, lol.

1 Like

I’ll try to figure out how to share a picture. I take one or two daily.

1 Like

I made several attempts at fim’ing and missed finally got it right on a couple they both grew 4 tops but the lower branches caught up and it looks like 8.
The ones I missed grew 1main top but it allowed the other branches to catch up and grow past the main, it accomplished what I was trying to anyway.

1 Like

I’ve been checking my plants hourly, lol. No change. But happy to report that they show no signs of stress!

This sounds like me :wink:

1 Like

Two weeks you should know for sure if you got four colas. Try to snip off 80% of the last growth for a fim.
100% would give you a top.

2 Likes

Don’t get shocked if the new growth from the fimm looks mutated. My autos typically look like cabbage tops when their growing out from the fimm, but as they grow it start looking normal again.

2 Likes