How long do the carbon filters last?

It’s only been a few grow cycles say three but I swear I’m smelling stuff outside the tent. Is it possible the filter needs to be replaced already?

2 Likes

I change mine once a year but I’m not to concerned about smell

3 Likes

I can smell it as soon as i walk in the room with fans on. Do u have a cloth over yours? You can take it off and wash that part.

2 Likes

@beachglass yes it does have a filter around it. Good tip thank you.

2 Likes

Depends on the filter some are way better than others. Is your tent sealed pretty tight?

2 Likes

I normally run two filters one inside the tent and one outside the tent .see i have my inline fan outside my tent with a filter on it and on the duct inside the tent i have another one so if the one inside fails i still have the one outside doing the job .If ur filter is blocked it will cause the smell to go into ur room ,if u dont want to buy a new one you can always change ur carbon in ur filter u will have to go get active carbon from the pet shop and depending on what type of filter u have it may have screws holding it together or it will have pop rivots either way you take them out tip out ur carbon and refill ur filter with new carbon

2 Likes

Replacement frequency can vary based on your environment (humidity, cleanliness of the area,…)

4 Likes

Welcome , that’s a good question 1st you have different quality filters , Also the environment plays in to how long it last. Personally I change my every grow I exhaust outside and I don’t want no smell.

1 Like

I think it’s sealed well yes.

@kellydans so u use a new filter for every grow? I’m thinking I might need to do that. I can’t exhaust outside so I really need my filter to be on point.

1 Like

Yes , @Buddalicious I buy a new filter every grow. If odor is going to be an issue for you I would look at
Terrabloom or phresh Carbon filters. You really don’t need a filter early veg stage , Odor kicks in during flowering stage.

2 Likes

I have a perpetual grow situation so have veg and flower in the same tent. No room for a second tent. Not ideal I know but is what’s happening here lol.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve been there when I was growing autos and photos at the same time.

1 Like

Just finished my 3rd grow with the same AC infinity 6" filter. Worked perfect, i did notice i had to turn up the fan a bit but absolutely no odor outside of tent. May not be common but none the less! Will buy another for next grow just because! But im well pleased with those results.

3 Likes