How long do I dry for?

I googled this first but getting conflicting answers. How long do I dry for. I cut it down on the 10th, temp is between 60-70 and 55% humidity and I’m hanging whole and there is airflow. Thx

2 Likes

Ideally you dry for around 10 days at 60/60. Should take you around a week +/- a couple days at the temp and humidity you mentioned. You can take the guess work out of it by getting a moisture meter made for wood. Dry until you get a 12% reading on the meter. Then you’re ready to trim and cure. I got my meter for maybe $10 or $15 at harbor freight and it works perfectly. The smaller branches will get to 12% first so you can trim in stages.

6 Likes

yep exactly what @Outlaw said there. Beats google. I would add if the fans going, dont blow directly on the buds.

2 Likes

Generally you would do a long slow dry which will take around 14 days depending on how big ur buds are and how dence they are .you want a fan blowing air around ur drying room but dont have the fan blowing on to ur buds u will dry them out to quickly you want a temp of 18-20 degrees Celsius and a RH of 55-60 %

1 Like

As other members mentioned shoot for a slow dry. Looks like you removed all of the fan leafs before hanging . I would start checking the buds after about 7 days. Everybody’s situation is a little different when it comes to drying Depending on set up , Temperature an humidity.
Good luck finishing up ! :v:

2 Likes

I have the box fan blowing in thru the bottom and it’s coming out the top there as u see in pic. Works just like an exhaust fan😁. Did this the whole grow to keep the temp and humidity the same. (Growing on a budget, first time grower)

1 Like

Was I not supposed to remove the fan leaves? I asked that question in here and was told yes if I live where there’s humidity.

1 Like

Well the lowest I’m able to get the tent they are drying in is 21 c° and 55% without freezing as the grow tent is in my room and I have my window a/c on all the time

Well today would be day 5 of drying and I just checked to see if I could snap the twigs and can not they just bend. With a temp of 21° and humidity of 55% I’d have to order a moisture thing so I’ll get that for my next round of growing. Have 2 ogk seeds starting now. This is my first grow I’m learning as I go. Should I wait till the twigs snap? I don’t wanna mess this up it’s so sticky and smells amazing :star_struck: Here’s a pic of the buds.

It’s OK @Shauna84 to remove the fan leafs I do the same. Just keep in mind the more foliage you take off before hanging the faster it is going to dry.

3 Likes

Do I wait till I can snap the twigs? Is that when it’s dry? If u scroll up and read my replies to the others. This is my first grow so I don’t wanna mess it up. It’s so pretty looking and smells Soo good. This is an all organic grow. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Congratulations on your grow, I do not wait for stems to snap at that point I feel like buds are too dry. feel of a couple of the buds you’ll be able to tell when they’re dry. Do a final trim and place in jars you can also drop a small hydrometer in the jar with the buds. Burp the jar’s couple times A-day for the 1st week. A good target is 62% Good luck

2 Likes

Thats fine its a good temp

2 Likes

Conventional wisdom says dry til the stems snap instead of bend. Just noticed this time that that doesn’t always line up with the moisture meter. If you think they’re ready then put them in a jar with a hygrometer. If it stays at 52-68% rh then you’re good. If you don’t have a hygrometer that’ll fit in the jar then lay a bigger one on the open jar and put plastic wrap over it and around the jar. Make sure the seal is tight and it’ll measure the Rh in the jar.

2 Likes

Ok I got one it’s all cut down and in jars. ty all for the help. Much appreciated :grin: