How long do autos stretch

I’m new to autos, but bought a few gorilla glue auto seeds. I started one for fun with low expectations. It’s on day 33, and I noticed a couple days ago it’s starting to show a few pistils. My question is in the last two days it’s grown 2 1/2”, and is almost 16”. How much do autos stretch? As much as photos? Double in height? These two photos are about 45 hours apart. I also tried fimming it 9 days ago. Never done that before.

3 Likes

They stretch for between 2 and 4 weeks and can double in hight after this time they begin to bulk and pack on wait

1 Like

Hi there. Autos do what they want and when they want. These girls are finicky. Each one is unique. They could stay small or someone posted he has a 3 foot auto.

2 Likes

I’ve seen pics of autos that were less than a foot tall and that had just one bud. I’ve got a few auto seeds that were freebees, but I don’t know that I want to grow one given the problems I’ve seen growers have with them.

2 Likes

Most of my Autos get up to about 3 feet tall. Then no more but I have seen other Auto pictures and they are as big as a Sativa plant.

@MidwestGuy I have excellent results with Autos. They are really fun to grow. I let all my Autos grow as Mother Nature intended them to be.

This was a 3 foot tall Auto by Sebring called Revenge F4.

4 Likes

Some growers have great luck with them. Nicky is a fabulous auto grower. It just makes me sad when new growers get them thinking they would be easy for a new grower.

3 Likes

Yeah he does awesome with Autos. No doubt about it.

Autos definitely can be challenging. This is why I let my Autos do their own thing. Now I will Fim a couple times on Photoperiod plants but Autos should be grown by experienced growers. Their
Time line sucks since they do what they want, when they want. Plus less time to correct any problem.

1 Like

This is a Blueberry CBD auto. If it were not tied down it would be a little over 3 feet. It’ll probably produce 4zips dried. The cola is the size of a beer can. They can produce 4 zips in soil if you want to tie those limbs down. I started in soil with smart pots and made my way to hydro to get away from bugs in the house. Can’t grow outdoor here. Good luck bud.

1 Like

My GG auto stretched a ton even in a small pot, other plants Hindu Kush and candy kush autos stayed shorter and she’s a week and a half younger and over grew them quickly now she’s starting to bud out after a good 2-3 weeks of stretching after she started her flowering and she’s only in a 1.5 gallon pot and the others are in 5 gallon fabrics

Excited to see how she fills out lol

Well, this gives me an idea what to expect. It’s grown an inch since this morning.

1 Like

Yep keep tying her down and she’ll keep fighting ya!

Mine were listed as “medium” height when I bought them, it’s the only GG I have going right now but if I matched the tops of the pots to the 5 gallon pots she’s probably double the height of them but the shorter plants are starting to put out some fat colas hopefully she does the same with those long branches,

I love growing autos.

The almost force you to stay in top of things and move quickly.

5 Likes

I think you maybe underestimating how much you will get. I am guessing more than 4oz when its done drying and curing. You look to be about 1/2 way done with all those white pistils.

3 Likes

I’m getting used to Autos too. They are absolutely on their own time and crazy structure. I have a grow now with a Auto of the same strain, one 5 feet tall and filling out long colas and one barely 3 feet tall and fat

huge colas. They do keep you on yours toes!

3 Likes

We shall see @MrPeat…most ever with auto has been 5zips.

This AC DC will probably produce 2 zips and sadly it’s the one I need most for the 22% CBD. I’ll have to do better next time. I wish these CBD plants weren’t mostly autos.

1 Like

Plenty of CBD strains that is Photos.

1 Like

What happened to the lab @MrPeat ? I can’t even find it anymore? I joined it not long after it began. I know @MacGyverStoner ran it. I could still learn a thing or two

1 Like

@skgrower They canceled The Lab. We do have a special section here but its pretty dead. Most of them we to another website. I can’t remember the name tho.

1 Like

I read more @MrPeat it got political…too bad. Everything is nowadays. I just wanted get the best info I could straight from the best. Now back to how long do autos stretch @Dexterado.

1 Like

How’s your GG coming along? Mine’s still stretching, but I think starting to slow down. Day 13 from showing pistils.

2 Likes