How long before they add some weight?

LSD Fem, indoor, HPS / MH 750w , FF soil, and nutes, ( Big bloom , Grow big , etc ) I add the nutes 2 times a week as per the schedule but only give them about 75 % of the suggested amounts …They are 27 days into flower and according to the stats still have another 30 or so days to go … They look healthy and happy … The buds just dont have any weight to them and I was wondering if they will put on more weight in the next 4-5 weeks ???

L

5 Likes

Barring any unforeseen circumstances they most certainly will put on more weight. Usually the last 3 or so weeks is when they will fatten up. :+1:
And the time estimate for flower is just that. An estimate. Sometimes they can run a bit longer.
Looks good so far. @bluethumb. :v:

4 Likes

They’ll put on a ton more weight. Just make sure you start cutting back on that N. I’d also recommend you really pay attention more to the plant than date - typically people start counting from the day they flip to 12/12 but really start from when stretch is completed and they’ve officially started budding. Probably another 5-6 weeks as a guess but it’s really stacked with no spaces on terminal cola I think you’ll be very very happy with how much weight it packs on. Great job m8

2 Likes

She’s looking good. Time will definitely get her to put on some weight. Here’s a 30 day difference.

11 Likes

How do you like the Amnesia Haze? I truly am digging on both Thai and Purple Haze and just wondering if others having the same experience.

2 Likes

I haven’t smoked it since an immature test bud lit my world up. The wife and brother are addicted to it so I’m going to have to grow another. It just sucks when she smokes it, she doesn’t stop talking…for HOURS

10 Likes

@Sirsmokesalot . Only my 2nd grow. I never heard to pay attention to the stretch aside from seedlings being too far from the light source … Below the top section is a part that has little to few buds … Guessing that was the stretch part I missed … When you say start cutting back on the N , I figure you are referring to the nitrogen … They have only been getting the nutes for the past 3.5 weeks and 90% of the time I only give them 50% of the recommended amount… I was told " Less is always better " … Both the " Tiger Bloom" ( 2% N ) and the " Grow Big " ( 6% N ) have it … The feeding schedule doesnt cut back on the " Grow Big " till the 9th week and week 10 it says to stop using the " Grow Big" … Sorry bout all the questions , but still a newbie here … Yep

3 Likes

I’d say that you are looking good. If possible you should do a runoff test at next watering before deciding what level of feeding is needed.

Did you say what media you are in? Soil?

Im using the Fox Farm Ocean … ( Worm castings, and Bat shit ) I posted the PPM reading last time and after someone converted it , they said my readings were in the ideal range …

1 Like

So long as she’s feeding at the same rate (transpiration rates-temp-RH etc) then you are good. Expect demand to go up for P and K later in flower. You can still support the plant with N but basically the plant is going to die. In dying it’s trying repeatedly to throw out fertile flowers to seed. We’re just taking advantage of that cycle.

The FFOF is great and should be at the point where you need to be adding, as you are. Just watch your runoff and when it starts to dip, then you can increase nutes.

1 Like

Thats what is puzzling me … Last time I watered , I didnt add any nutes … This time I used the recommended teaspoon to gallon ratio … I tested the water after shaking it up and got a PPM reading of 1431 / EC reading of 2862 … After watering I collected the run off and the readings were HIGHER than what went in … Im guessing because the soil still has nutes and this is causing it to be higher ??? The reading from the drain off water was 1786 PPM / 3572 EC ??? The feeding schedule paper says its a 700 scale ???

1 Like

That is the “KCI” scale. (Potassium Chloride) and is primarily Canada?

500 scale is NaCl (Sodium Chloride). This is what’s primarily used in the US

Here’s a good description:

https://www.thegoodearthorganics.com/tips/ppm/

1 Like

Here is a conversion chart. Fox farms is on the .7 scale (700). By your readings, your meter is on the .5 scale (500). So if fox farm calls for 1200ppm, you’re looking at going in around 850ppm.

By your readings you still had around 350ppm worth of feed in the soil.

3 Likes

WAAAAAY to much to absorb for now .:rofl::joy:… Can we just start with the PPM ??.. An ideal would be 2000 for this time in the grow … My readings are 1786 at the run off … With me giving them the nutes 2 times a week , and keeping to the amount I am currently adding , will I be safe with the numbers I have, until week 9 , where I have to drop the numbers???

2000 is pretty high. I try to keep it around 1500-1600 max. It would read higher if I added molasses but that’s not a nutrient so I wasn’t concerned about it.

Tell me something Bobbydigital, the AH 6-27 photo, what week from your first pistol sightings was that photo taken? I’m trying to gain a little hope here.
What a difference a month makes

1 Like

It was 15 days

1 Like

Those look good Bluethumb. Should start fattening up. They look a little better than mine did at that time from first bud sightings.

1 Like

All plants at day 35 from first pistil sightings

4 Likes

Yea @bluethumb ur ladies look great! On schedule for an epic harvest. It takes a bit of patience starting out. Especially when u have no idea what to expect… but im sitting here looking at this

wondering how long til i get to ur point! :joy::joy: enjoy the grow bro.

4 Likes