How long before flowers/buds?

hello all. quick overview. two photo jack herer plants in pictures below. flipped to 12/12 lighting to start flowering 18 days ago (flipped on day 72 after germination). i think plants look good, and they are continuing to grow like crazy, but need some reassurance from the pros on this forum as i’ve not seen any sign of flowers at all since the flip. as an aside i was getting condensation on the walls of the tent the last couple of days and so added a small dehumidifier today in hopes of bringing humidity down. good move, right? i know this is incomplete information but i’ve already asked many questions in other threads and i’m actually just looking for some idea how long i should expect it to take before i see a sign of flowers/buds. or is there a step i’ve missed. first grow jitters. thanks all.

5 Likes

It usually only takes 10 to 14 days, but as long as you’ve got your timer on 12/12, it should happen anytime. As long as you have no light leaks.

1 Like

I grow with my room door and also the grow tent door wide open. I have massive light leaks and not a single Hermie and or male. I also have two digital timers with the red lights on it. Still no Hermies. Also a power strip with a light on as well. All in the grow tent.

My side of the house also gets sunlight from Sunrise to Sunset. So a truckload of light comes into the room.

So light leaks have never caused an issue for me…ever. :+1:

This looks like it maybe close to start flowering. I zoomed in on the 2nd posted photo.

5 Likes

@Dexterado thanks for response.

@MrPeat thanks for the feedback. i feel a little more confident hearing from you that things don’t always have to be perfect to get good results. i don’t think i have a lighting issue, but you can never be 100% sure that there isn’t some small amount coming in during sleeptime. glad to hear a little isn’t fatal. also encouraged to think there might be some flowers in the near future.

best regards to all. john

2 Likes

Looking good. Healthy and bushy. Will see flowers soon and then can thin out a LITTLE. Gonna be some fat mains.

1 Like

@MrPeat zeroed in on the same thing I saw. She might be a little slow in making the transition but I think it is turning the corner.

1 Like

@Storm thanks for your words. i’ve been waiting because i didn’t want to thin anything that might be important. makes sense to me that once flowering starts i’ll be able to see what should come out to help the rest. i’m not exactly sure what “fat mains” means, but it sounds good so i’m happy about that.

@beardless thanks for confirming what @MrPeat said above. i’m hoping that once the transition actually starts it is full bore the rest of the way.

appreciate all the feedback. best regards, john

2 Likes

Your main stem is gonna be big. Cannabis is apexal and grows top down. Likes a main branch. We lst/scrog etc to trick it. All even she pushes all of them. 1 big top she will feed most. At least thats what i usually see since I do not train at all anymore besides a top or fimm.

@Storm thanks for the information. doubt i’ll do too much trimming as this is my first grow but i’ll try to make sure that no leaves are covering up any flowers/buds as the stage develops. seems like something i might get better at on future grows, but i don’t want to screw this up so late in the process. i appreciate the guidance.

1 Like

Tuck first. Pull last. Fans feed flowers.no solar panels…no energy. Most beneficial part of prune in flower is airflow. No more. During veg on a photo hard prune and long veg makes them big. At flower a real hard prune is detrimental imho. Just my thoughts but I am also lazy.

1 Like

thanks again. save most leaves, make room for air. i can do this, lol.

1 Like

@Storm @Dexterado @MrPeat

you were all willing to help with above questions, so i’m asking you and anyone else that cares to chime in to give me guidance with a follow up to this original thread.

went to 12/12 on may 7. i know above notes from me say i went earlier, but long story short i didn’t. anyway i REALLY did 9 days ago. so…here is a picture from today. are those the beginnings of buds/flowers that i see? i fully understand i’m a long way from the finish line, but would love to hear that i can at least SEE the finish line from here. all help and advice appreciated. bests regards to all.

3 Likes

@jdouglas36542 looks like pre flower pistols to me from that image!!
Finish line in sight!! :checkered_flag:

Its about to kick off the flowering phase. You should see in a few days.

Yeppers. She is preggers. Congrats.

Great job my friend no worries!

FYI no light lakes or she might hermie on you.

@Fieldofdreams @Storm @Kadin1213 @MrPeat et al.

thanks for the confirmation and positive remarks. i’ve been reading dozens of threads about the temptation to finish early and am determined to let this process proceed at it’s own pace. Still it is encouraging to know that we’ve moved to another stage. thanks again to all and best regards.

3 Likes

@jdouglas36542 Believe me I feel ya! Today is day 80 for this little girl and I am so counting the hours until taste testing has begun lol.

1 Like

@Storm @Fieldofdreams @MrPeat @Kadin1213 and others

since you were kind enough to help me identify potential buds a few days ago i thought i’d post updated pics of the my first grow as we head into flowering stage. these pics just five days after i first asked for confirmation. i’m amazed at the number of potential buds/flowers i think i see. #tempermyexpectations. thanks so much to you all for your help.

3 Likes