How long approximately, does it take to fill a 3 gallon pot with roots?

when re-potting from a solo, how long does it take, estimate, on average, for roots to fill a 3 gal enough to transplant to 5 gallon. and with the solo’s i had clear cup to see, how do you tell when it’s time in a 3 gallon plastic pot?

2 Likes

All depends on how well the plants are growing really and how big the were when you stuck them in there or if you groom from seed

Use a colored solo. Roots dont like all the light with a clear one. Poke several holes in it & you will know when to transplant. I go from there to a 5 gallon.

3 Likes

i had a colored cup covering my clear one @Laurap

how do you tell when it’s time to transplant out of the 3 gallon @HornHead

1 Like

See my rule with transplanting it first solo cup then 1 gal then 5 gal because a jump from 3 to 5 gal isnt that much if I were to use a 3 gal I would jump up to a 7 gal to give the plant more room and easier transplant. It all depends on what ur using and how quick ur roots grow I look down the sides of my pots and see how many roots are poking out then if I see a bunch I move them to the next size.

2 Likes

I usually go solo cup to 1gal to 7 gal fabric pot. There’s a little lag from 1gal to 7, but eventually they take off.

2 Likes

Il be finishing my ladies in 3 gallon fabric pots this time around, they seem happy enough! Uploading: E8C16D57-88CB-4247-A9CD-E57937F54C24.jpeg… Uploading: 9F9C778F-EB40-4103-BCF4-F5E334B75AED.jpeg…

I would say it will take 4 weeks before you’d need to transplant them from 3 to 5 gallon pots
I also go from starter to either 1 or two gal pots then to 5-7 gal final pots

4 Likes

check out the video on this page for the info you

require…:face_with_monocle:

Canna is available on Amazon

1 Like

looks to be a good strong supplement that mostly adds nitrogen?

I only use 2.5 ml per litre