How is your grow so far? July 29th, 2018

12 Likes

Your garden looks good! All my gals are in flower…

2 Likes

Just the start of pistils, flowers soon. I’d say by August 10th all should be popping.

1 Like

How many hours of light are you getting a day where you’re at?

1 Like

Its about 14hrs of daylight in SoCal rt now. I set out my clones in late may and they all went into early flower. I took clones from them and they never left flower either. I’m looking to harvest in a couple of weeks. Super early I know but I think our extreme heat waves stressed the plants out.

2 Likes

Fourteen hours of daylight, the actual sun on them shorter. They respond to the total daylight, in my estimations.

1 Like

Maybe but I was under the impression that even non direct light affects the photoperiod?

I just watch the ladies. They turn toward the sunrise and follow the sun till sunset. Even when initial sunup starts and sundown ends. Amazing little buggers. They know the source of their life. They follow. As far as other light, it may affect photo period but it would have to be a powerful light, and close.

2 Likes

heres what my little Do Si Dos clone looks like rt now. I suspect she will fatten up a bit more in the next few weeks. Colas are about 24" long x 3" thick. I heard that girl scout cookies fatten up a lot in their latter days.

5 Likes

I’ve got two throwing early pistils (Big Bud, Girl Scout Cookies Extreme) and two just starting to reveal bud nodes without pistils (Gold Leaf, OG Kush). I also have just harvested an auto (Amnesia Haze) and have another auto just starting from seed (Jack Herer).

Definitely hitting the exciting part of the grow.

2 Likes

Nice

Last year day before harvest.

7 Likes

I had to put out two of mine (I’m in Santa Barbara County) and they started to flower within 48 hours. My ACTUAL sunrise and sunset is just under 12 hours here with hills and such in the way.

3 Likes

Still 14 hours here and no pistils on my outside girl. Hopefully in the next week or so. Cant keep hiding her :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Yes. This is definitely the point at which I’m thinking “ok, that’s big enough, let’s move along, girls!”

5 Likes

Yep, the tops of mine form a dish shape and follow the sun all day long. This was my first outdoor grow and I’d never seen a plant do that before!

1 Like

Uploading…

I have a few girls going outdoors as well. Sour diesel, sour diesel/lemon kush, royal highness, and blackberry fire. Started them in late April - most are 3-4 feet tall now. Can’t wait for the next couple of months, I’m hoping I don’t run into too many problems.

4 Likes

Watch for moths laying eggs, they hatch and eat buds.
Good grow you have going, nice deep dark green, that’s a good sign.

2 Likes

Seems like there’s a lack of early starts and manifolding/ low stress training. I’d also recommend some super cropping and light lollipopping while you’re vegging utdoors to keep the work to a minimum during your flower period.

Here are a few pics of my girls in veg. ( I like to use metal washers and bolts and tie them on the branches with hemp twine.)

20180731_102352

2 Likes

[

3 Likes

3 Likes