How is my Plant doing?

I think carefully remove them from the containers with soil intact, remove the plastic thing and replace with some more of your sol as well as returning the plant and its soil to its container. Then let it grow out a bit as Latewood had stated above. You might do this right away, but it is often best to do transplants when the soil is not too dry or too wet and fairly firm so it will hold its shape better, for less stress on the roots in the soil.

Also, as latewood also mentioned, it is often a practice to measure the extra run-off that would come out the bottom for EC/PPM – a measurement of the nutrient concentration, as well as measuring of the pH, so as to give an indicator of what is going on in your soil.

~MacG

Oh, and this means probably poking new holes in the very bottom of those pots, so that no water will pool in the bottom. Maybe making new saucers?

It is important water drains well and all the soil stays well aerated.

A common method when watering is watering the entire container to saturation and then not watering again until the container feels very very light as if all the moisture in the soil is nearly entirely gone, before you would re-water, repeating the process as your cycle of watering and/or feeding.

~MacG

1 Like

Hi latewood, it’s a fiskars ariana self watering pot for plants 12 inches

Awesome, i was planning on just waiting for them to grow 2 to 4 more weeks and then do the transplant. I will be including pictures along the way so i can have extra eyes on this.

I recently plugged in this ph meter and its showing 7 and above however my plants seem to be growing okay

except the orange one which i put in the sun to dry up a little.

Hi latewood should i repot the orange one?

Here is the status of my other two as well. One leaf tore on the green one.

I think I would wait a bit on transplanting the orange one. Let it get a little bigger, as well as more established roots first. Your blue and green ones look good!
MT

HI MT1,

Thanks! So for now i have them under a Ballast Light in 24 hour lights and the PH according to the meter i bought is aruond 7.5. My plan is to just let it grow up to a feet and then transplant them. Do you guys have any videos you can reccomend on Youtube to show the exact way i should transplant these? I found this video,

I just noticed your Aluminum foil. Is that dull side in? If not, it should be. Shiny side away from plants. FYI.

Ew-potting is simple. fill the new pot with soil until you have enough room to place plant on top, leaving 1/2" of space at top of new pot. Take and brace plant and soil and pop it out of old pot. Back fill with soil, and lightly tamp soil down around root ball. Water in thoroughly.

That’s it. :slight_smile: The video is exactly what I described here.

p.s. PH is too high. Start watering with 6.5 PH water/solution

I brought one of those they totally inaccurate don’t trust it

Thanks iceberg. Do you have one that you trust? I must assume my PH is okay otherwise my plant wouldnt grow that well, except orange… dont know whats up with it.

Hi latewood,

I changed my setup to use ballast lights and inclided a fan. Here are some pics below. I have not watered it for a while wondering if i should water it or not?

My green plant has a leaf on the right side which is slightly torn, should i clip it?

I would just stick with making sure your water is ph correct goin and chk runoff get digital ph tester or strips

Kracky … it won’t hurt to clip off the part of the leaf that broke. I haven’t tried it on cannabis, but I do that in my flower gardens.
MT

I just leave my young plants alone! Even if I get a crispy edge, or whatever. Leave the young plant alone.

That light system looks weak. Are those fluorescent tubes? I had to ask. The ballast looks kind of big for this era. If so; Lower those lamps in order to provide better light.

Hi latewood,

I kept the flourescent lamp in there as well. I read that the harvest is based on the wattage used so im banking on this ballast and the lamp plus the white walls to give enough light. When is the earliest i can begin the flowering? Theyre about 6 inches tall the blue and green one, but the orange one i dont know whats going on. Its definitly not up to par. You mention when they become 12 inches and then i transplant and wait two more weeks? Do you have reccomendation on PH meter?

Hi Everyone,

I noticed that my green plants first two leaves have dried up and died. Is that an indicator of PH issue or root bound? Should i transplant?

My blue plant seems to be growing very well.
Any comments? When can i transplant and begin flowering?

Here is the progress of my orange? Should i transplant this? Its wierd that its growing so slowly.

Here is my planned tranplanting steps.

1. Place hand over plant and turn up side down
  2. Add 2 inches of soil to new pot.
  3. Place plant into new pot
  4. Fill remaining hole with soil
  5. Water plant to remove air pockets (do i need a special tranplant chemical or water is fine?)

Thanks

K

I found this article regarding cotyledons and tranplanting. According to this guy he said its normal and i should have transplanted earlier. But look at my plants im still listening and waiting 2 to 4 more weeks before transplanting.

http://www.cannabis.info/us/abc/30001630-better-buds-with-mr-bill-should-i-remove-cotyledons-before-transplantingspanp