How is My Mars SP 150

the silver rectangle on top of my light

This is the Meanwell Driver.:+1:

You can get Solid core wire at 14 to 16 gauge so you can place them outside of the tent. Worth doing.

2 Likes

sweet, so the thing that generates the heat can be placed outside the tent?

i just noticed this is a quantum board, ive heard of these, currently the best stuff right now yeah? cool

3 Likes

Absolutely

3 Likes

Yes…you can. Just need some solid core wire. See post above. :+1:

3 Likes

oh man, thats all i need to hear, ive been trying to lower the temps by another few degrees and that might do it.

2 Likes

It will run more efficiently as well compared to the mars hydro!

2 Likes

Let’s see some pics of your grow if you would be so kind

1 Like

I know they are small, but I just wanna get this first grow out the way…they are 30 days old

2 Likes

More electrical energy will go into photons (HLG) than it will into heat (Mars) due to the fact that top bin LED’s built today are FAR more efficient and provide a much better Color Rendering Index or CRI than the 10 year old tech found in the Mars lights.

Heat generated by the driver is only about 7 watts so not a huge amount.

For an idea of how much cooler they run: NO FAN! So even less power used. There is really nothing you can do about actual photons producing heat but that’s just what you have to wick away with fans etc.

If you are handy and have access to a source of aluminum you can also build your own lights.

4 Likes

Under a HLG light they will never be small except for Autos.:+1:

2 Likes

I’m ordering one now

2 Likes

Welcome to the Dark Side. You won’t be disapointed. I hauled 2 lbs for my first crop under 2 HLG 260xl rspec. :+1:

Dried, cured and no stems.

4 Likes

They look nice to me. If you have a journal going tag me in it. You don’t find to many people growing in 2x2 on here (or I haven’t anyways). i’ll tag you in my journal if you wanna check it out

2 Likes

Yes plz tag me, I think I figured it out and tagged you in mine. If not its called first grow LSD and GDP

the third plant was thrown in later and is gelato og and was a clone

1 Like

Is that the only additional thing I will need to buy? the 14 gauge wire?

@BigHuff2316 Wago clips is the only thing outside the wire.

1 Like

Only if you want to mount driver outside of tent… Depending on where you’re trying to put it they might send enough with it

1 Like

They don’t send enough. :pensive:

1 Like

Qb 135 kit in r-spec is 2x2 should have you set

2 Likes