How is My Mars SP 150

So ive been usingthe mars hydro sp 150 for about 4-5 weeks, i just switched to flower today, but ive been reading some things that make me think my light might be a cheap one…Its a 2x2 tent, my biggest worry is heat, money is not an issue. again tho,its just a 2x2

Well you are going to come up short on light with just the one. Your metric for older LED technology is 50 plug watts per square foot of grow space. That light produces 135 watts so a bit shy.

2 Likes

hmmmm any reccomendations?

HLG lights… @dbrn32

3 Likes

I’m in a 2x2 and was referred to the HLG 135w v2 rspec

1 Like

For newer lights like this one the metric is more like 30 watts/square foot. So just right.

5 Likes

again im new so idk much, but if the watts are the same wont the results be the same? or no?

Ah my question was answered.

1 Like

This is the power of a HLG lights.

So no…its not the same.

4 Likes

Hmm, the picture looks complicated… Is it easy to setup? How is the heat? my tent gets to mid 80’s according to the thermometer with the sp150, so i couldnt put in anything hotter.

2 Likes

Easy…very easy to set up the HLG lights. Plenty of us have them. :+1:

4 Likes

hows the heat?

my light is currently about 12 inches from tops of plant and temps stay around 78f 30-40rh. I have ac infinity s4 with 4 inch carbon filter

1 Like

That picture is a little old the plant is bigger now, but that’s my set up

1 Like

any recommendations on where to get one? Obviously i can google, but i mean like a trustworthy site that people in THIS community prefer?

If your allowed to say

2 Likes

i got mine from rightbud.com, but you can get directly from HLG WEBSITE and get 10% off with code dude. i paid 200 for mine

2 Likes

the code is dude?

3 Likes

yeah that’s for the HLG website… I’ve seen quite a few others posting about it recently. I personally haven’t used it.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks man. I guess im getting this light unless someone else comes up with a better one before i pull the trigger.

Fine for me…I put the drivers on the outside of the tent. Our house central air went down.

1 Like

drivers? is that the ballast looking thing?