How important ;;ventilation

What kind of venting system do I need for a 2x4x5 tent? Reading that air circulation is vital. Any or all ideas are welcome. thanks

Ventilation is extremely important. It brings fresh air and CO2 into the environment and helps control temperatures and humidity. It is particularly important during flowering when white powdery mildew can become a problem.

I have a 10" Honeywell fan pushing air in one of the bottom ports and an AC Infinity S6 pulling air out the top. The S4 (the 4" model) didn’t get the job done in a 2x4, though mine is 7’ tall. You might get away with a 4" in the shorter tent.

3 Likes

Just get a 6" with a speed controller then turn it down. That will be enough to collapse the tent walls of a 2 X 4. I added an in line 4" on a separate intake that is on a timer to help manage temp/RH as well as turn over air in the tent. You want on average about 1 complete exchange of air every 2 minutes nominally.

2 Likes

That is why I like to come here. Very vital info. for a grow. I was not aware of air exchange, great to know. Thanks this hit for you

1 Like

I’ve been using this four-inch I power in my 3 x 4 tent with no issues And it comes with a variable speed controller.

1 Like

If you don’t mind what is the name of your unit and where did you get if from? thanks

1 Like

6 inch fan with a variable speed will do a fine job One thing I do recommend. If odor is a issue Buy a quality filter.

What do you mean where did I get it from??

Thank you for that info.

1 Like

I’m going to try this one to see if the metal case has any difference I have 2 tents so I’m gonna see if there’s any difference in the two I will let you guys know.

I don’t use one personally. I grow with the tent door wide open and the door to the room wide open as well. Since the Central Air to that side of the house is piss poor.

@mzlaina00 I don’t know if this helps you, it answered my question!

Hope it’s okay to have tagged you.

@BRFarming420 question for you, out of the two exhaust systems you put on here which did you feel was better?

The second one by far but I don’t believe it’s available anymore. This other ipower works really well too I just got it I love it.

@Bubbles thank you it was perfectly fine to tag me. !!!

Hi,

I’m having a lot of trouble in my 4x4x6.5 tent…I have a 2000w COB LED light, 8 inch carbon filter and fan (1 for exhaust and 1 for intake)…cant get temperatures above 23°C and RH is 45% at most??? How do I increase temperature and more importantly RH? I have a humidifier in tent running full blast and still cant get my RH to increase ??..

Slow that big ass 8" fan down. Lights will build heat up, plants will drive up humidity. Have you tried that?

1 Like

Afterbreading your post again…

You have 2 8" fans?? On supply and one exhaust? If i understood that correctly then you need to sloww both supply and exhaust down till your temp and humidity is where you want it. You need to run the exhaust slightly faster to keep the tent in a negative pressure. Once you get it to stabilize then make slight adjustments to get it where you need it.

I have tried…put both intake and exhaust to the lowest setting possible and still the same result :frowning:

I have tried…both intake and exhaust are at the lowest possible speeds but no change in results at all?