How i start to dry and cure. And this plant is only 40 days old

Ok so i have literally spent months on the process of a plant giving it , its all. So the plant can not truly flush its self out if the soil is wet. So in saying this. I have cured my last to plants starting like this. The main stalk is nearly dry three days after soil is dry. So i dont feed at all my last week and then i leave like this till i see couch lock. Trichs turn amber fast after it dries out. Then hang for 36 hrs. And vacuum seal for three to four days . Done ready to smoke or let go.

day one in open air.

3 Likes

And this works faster in hydro. Just stop all water till there crispy. Then wait 24 hrs then cut it down.

Here you go. I just wrote this GrowFAQ for you :slight_smile: This is the correct answer to your question in the title. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The only problem I have with this idea is that I have done this before and the pot tastes like roots. I do not recommend letting the plant dry with the roots on, even though some growers like and believe in this method. I do not teach this method, or condone it, but this is your choice as a grower.

just my .03 worth

happy growing all :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You absolutely cannot cure bud in a week or so. The sugars have to have time to convert. Otherwise you are smoking chlorophyll and that is not healthy. :frowning:

6 Likes

Is that the menthol taste? I hung mine on a string and in about 9 days the stem snapped so I trimmed and went straight to the jars with the 62% packs. I burped them once a day for a week or so then every once in awhile​. I didn’t do the paper bag method because the buds felt crispy. I thought they dried to fast. Anyway, it’s been a Month and it still has that green/menthol taste. Any suggestions? @latewood

1 Like

I am using a vacuum seal process witch speeds things up majorly . Im just trying stuff you know no harm ment.

2 Likes

I guarantee you I can cure in 7 to 10 days no problem food saver I’ve gone through it so many times never had any issues. And I put it up against any of that crap you can buy in Colorado

3 Likes

Me too. I swear by it.

1 Like

I pulled the cure packs and vacuumed sealed them. I’ll check em tomorrow.

3 Likes

I use this in my jars it really helps i used to use humidity packs till i figured out them dont need to be used till after your buds humidity level is stable the packs always made my cure take longer with that taste you mentioned

Only thing about it is you must calibrate to known humidity source i set mine to house hold readout and never had a issues since
Hope this helps

1 Like

This is what i go by

Had to edit out website info lol

7 Likes

@Savingpvtviper
I use the vacuum sealer as well but the ziplock brand with these

2 Likes

Just adding my humble contribution,

Pheophorbide a oxygenase is the key enzyme responsible for opening of the chlorin macrocycle of pheophorbide a characteristic to all further breakdown products…

So, more accessible word will be, chlorophyll need oxygen to degrade. More specificly, a special enzyme need oxygen to properly work for degrading chlorophyll…

If you vaccum tight your precious harvest, and I insist on the term VACCUM TIGHT ! The beneficial enzymes responsable for the chlorophyll breakdown, will die almost instantetly, for sure with in an hour… Just because the enzymes responsable for the breakdown are not viable without oxygen…

So, like said @latewood, nothing can replace sugar goodness to transform in to most of all, terpenoids concentration … than a slow and steady properly cured process… And fast chlorophyll degradation is the key… And that, you cannot achieved in a vaccum sealed environnement, even if you let air going in 1 or 2 times a day, not even if you do it 5 times a day… to be effecient, the vaccum seal method will and should be done at least 24 times each day to let oxygen in… Not very practical…

I respect those who swear by this method (vaccum sealed) and, honestly, I did not try it, however, the science behind my analysis is strong rooted, so, I will and recommand not to do so…(vaccum sealed)

~Al :v: :innocent:

7 Likes

Very well said
Ive done it both ways but only one time vacuum sealer style and it worked out for me
That said your kung fu is strong my friend

3 Likes

That’s why i vacuum

Not a surprise, I am out of " like ", so, :+1::heart::ok_hand::v::grinning::wink::innocent: @Brian091180 and @Soilgrowth

I respect your choice, however, maybe the chlorophyll present in your fast cured vaccum sealed harvest is less harshier, even very good tasting, but, the chlorophyll is most probably still present, most probably mask by the compression and the concentration of terpenoids artificialy made by this method…

Here’s the benefit for ingesting chlorophyll :

Health Benefits of Chlorophyll
True enough, chlorophyll has been seen to provide health benefits to those who take them. It has anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and wound-healing properties. Here are some of the known chlorophyll benefits:
It has been seen to help in the growth and repair of tissues.
Chlorophyll helps in neutralizing the pollution that we breathe in and intake everyday - a good supplement for smokers.
It efficiently delivers magnesium and helps the blood in carrying the much needed oxygen to all cells and tissues.
It is also found to be useful in assimilating and chelating calcium and other heavy minerals.
It had been seen to have a good potential in stimulating red blood cells to improve oxygen supply.
Along with other vitamins such as A, C and E, chlorophyll has been seen to help neutralize free radicals that do damage to healthy cells.
Chlorophyll is also an effective deodorizer to reduce bad breath, urine, fecal waste, and body odor.
It may reduce the ability of carcinogens to bind with the DNA in different major organs in the body.
Chlorophyll may be useful in treating calcium oxalate stone ailments.
It possesses some anti-atherogenic activity as well.
It can be used to treat infected wounds naturally.
These are only a few of the multitude benefits that chlorophyll can do to the body.
It has antimutagenic and anti-carcinogenic properties so that it may be helpful in protecting your body against toxins and in reducing drug side effects.

It’s a good thing to have in edibles, however, it has to be fresh and, it’s affecting the taste… for me, to do edibles, it’s OK… I’m just adding some spices or natural flavor enhancer…

It’s another story if you smoke it : The burning point of Chlorophyll is 306.1 farhenheit. Then, it’s decompose it’s self in chlorin and magnesium and that’s not good for your lungs…

Anyway, like I said, I respect your choice, personnaly, for curing, I use Tight Vac from Tight Pack… It leave just enough air for the beneficial enzymes to live for 12 hours, so , 2-3 opening per day is suffisant to maintain a fast degradation of the chlorophyll, and, safetly curing your harvest…

~Al :v: :innocent:

3 Likes

Try it. And you wont type so much.

2 Likes

Yes. Quit using Boveda 61%. It is becoming evident that 62% is not the perfect RH for curing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, food for thought. . . As you, yours to. . . But don’t be a azz@ soilgrowth…

4 Likes