How hot should qb get?

The back of the light is very warm. I can hold my hand on it, but just barely? Normal?

@dbrn32

Yep, there’s a lot of energy going through those boards. They will get pretty warm.

2 Likes

Ok thank you. I got one from eBay don’t want to be burning my house down!

1 Like

There’s no telling what you got from Ebay, but all lights styled that way will be similar.

2 Likes

Understood. It’s freaking awesome! I figured it was normal but my family lives here I was being a bit paranoid.i do have it pulling the full 500 right now guess it wouldn’t be cold…lol

1 Like

If you have constant current driver the only way you are likely to see any arcing or sparking is from a poor electrical connection. No different than any other of your household appliances. Constant voltage driver is a little different, but that is usually from design flaws if at all.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

@Eagles009 first two pics of 4 HLG132 v2 on .125 Alu.at 60W each , hottest reading from front of board

These readings from 2 HLG 288 v2 on heatsinks at 120W each

says 137F

They have all been on at least 10hrs. Hope this helps you!

2 Likes

If I had to guess I’d say mine somewhere in that range. Thanks!

1 Like

That’s from my 650r at 2/3
Happy Growing!!

2 Likes

Smokin…lol… that’s from my 300 bspec
Happy Growing!!

2 Likes

Thanks all, pretty sure my light is all good and I was just bugging. Tent is cooler than I could get it with my two blurples lol.

1 Like

Yeah… even with the high numbers on my 300…i have to have a heater on to keep it up to temp… that is until I turn on the second light in the big tent.
Happy Growing!!

2 Likes