How high should I run my lights

Hey everyone who uses HLG lights how high do you run during flower?I have mine on 80%,but a couple plants under my HLG 300Rspec seem to be getting too much light.I have them set 24 inches from the canopy,and the other plants under my other HLG 300Rdpec seem to love this setting.@Dbrn32 or anyone?

Not sure about everybody else I crank mine all the way up and turn it on Max.

4 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

I figure as it grows closer to the light it will intensify naturally thru distance.

1 Like

Full blast! Yup
Until they start to fox tail late in the grow because my lights are so powerful lol, then I dial it down and a week or two later I harvest ussualy.

1 Like

You should be pretty good there. Most can run full power inside of 20", but every plant and grow will be a little different. You could have more sensitive plants, or maybe something to do with fans/airflow on those particular plants too.

1 Like

Hi i have been really trying to understand my light a Vivosun Vs1000 Led it says in the middle it puts out 1081 PAR so with my wifes super brain i calibrated the PPFD Meter on my phone. And the readings are @14 inches 745 with DLI 48.-50.1 now the LUX is 429545. So can you translate for me. Light covers a 2x2 area. Plants planted onOct 1st in tent became real girls a weel later. Each one is 4 -4 1/2 inch high. So am correct in leaving all this and watching the water and feeding Happy Thanksgiving day folks

The dli in one spot is not the dli for your space. Dli should be calculated using the ppfd average for the entire space.

2 Likes

Yes i went to
5to different spots got still high 760-754,readings the DLI WERE high 48 51.
So i am believing this is the correct readings now

Ok i have another annoying question. Sorry I averaged the readings from 5 areas. One natural daylight got a Dli of 58.6 and a PAR OF 883.2. THEN HIGH CRI LED 6500 GOT DLI OF 45.7 and PAR of 706. Again the light is a Vivosyn VS1000 LED.ALL i am trying to do is dail in the light the best we can . And wait to afford a bigger one. What does you all thonk? @ bobbydigtal @ yoshi @ Nicky

5 readings probably isn’t enough to get a true sense of what you’re looking at unless half or more are from the locations of least intensity. My feelings on trying to do the best you can with what you have, I wouldn’t even bother checking dli.

Yes you are correct I am trying too make the best under the 2x2 area. For growing on a tent has made me learn a lot fast ,lost two plants but that forced the changes and Now I see new growth everyday it the new plants
Checking with my finger the soil wet or dry. I feel like a cannibis poctocologist.

1 Like

We’ve all been there. In my opinion it’s best not to over analyze small stuff. Like changing height on your light doesn’t put any more or less light into your space, so change to your actual dli will be very small to nothing regardless of the height. All the changes is how tightly the light is focused.

1 Like