How high is too high?

@dbrn32
i got the 650r i have it 48 inches above 3 week old plants. i turned up to a quarter today if that is the first notch. i am watching them for signs of trouble. i dont want to fry them. is this o.k.?

1 Like

You are probably on extreme side of safe that high and dimmed. I would give it a couple days then lower 6-8 inches or so. Repeat that until you get to 30-36". From there I would say you can increase/decrease dimmer as needed.

How large is your grow space?

1 Like

5x8 is the area i plan to close in

1 Like

thank you so much. i was a little worried

1 Like

You may benefit from running it a little higher at more power when plants get a little bigger and need more space. Having light higher will open up coverage area some.

1 Like

ok great thank you

1 Like

that notch is not half way or a third… closer to 2/3! I watched a guy do a review… and i have 2 of them. So you’re closer to all in than not if you’re at that notch.

1 Like

thanks i am a new user to this light and i wasnt sure

Me too bro! My babies canooed when I tried that notch just last week. 48 inches you’re probably safe from burn but I think they’ll still not like the intensity… just my very very young experience

1 Like

i moved one away that looked like it was tacoing the others were like heck yeah!

i would get a plug in amp meter so you can tell how much you are drawing

1 Like

i really need to. i just ran down and checked them and i dont have the dimmer turned near halfway so i am not sure why they would be 2/3 plus i dont know enough about this light yet. definite need to read more info

maybe something like this

1 Like

thank you. you keep saving me money :grinning:

you owe me bud lol

i sure do!

https://youtu.be/A_0Ly85itpA take a look around 17 minutes… you’ll see where I’m coming from

ok thanks

1 Like

i watched the video and i wanted to know if you got the uv light and do you know what its for and how to use it?

I have 2 650s but no uv light. I looked into them… adds a very specific spectrum. I’ll probably end up with them. Just getting started…lol.