How far will my smell travel, flower and drying

Hi, i am planning on growing this summer, i have found a nice 25x25m opening in the forrest where i plan to grow, but how far will the smell be able to travel in a pretty dense spruce forrest? Also, will i be able to dry the plants in a regular 2-person tent in the forrest

Welcome to the forum. :+1:

You could easily expect up to 1/2 mile under the right conditions.

As far as drying in the tent. I wouldn’t advise it due to lack of air flow and risk of mold. :v:

6 Likes

Plus the darkness while drying. And the deer may get it before its even ready to harvest.

3 Likes

@MrPeat i was planing on using chicken fencing to protect them from deer and boar.

@Oldguy would you say it’s safe to grow 1/4 miles from roads or should i aim to be 1/2 miles away from anything

As far away from anything as you can get.

6 Likes

Where we used to go target shooting down in this gully someone had planted at least 3k plants. Each one was well over 10 feet high. Long before I even smoked any. My best friend clipped a male and female plant. Then we got out of there real fast. It was off one of the Railroad points in which they stop the train before finishing the last 20 miles into the largest railroad yard in the world.

You could smell that over 1 mile away.

4 Likes

The fartest i can go is 1/2 miles from a dirt road and 1,1/4 miles from the nearest house. Guess it’ll be a bit of a risk but it’s a risk i’m willing to take :slight_smile:
How would you reckommend drying them? I can’t take them home because i live in an apartment

1 Like

I know enough from living in an illegal state that u dont want to put that much work into a grow on land that isnt yours, if the wrong person was to happen across it they cld either steal it or report it n if reported then the authorities would watch it and arrest u when u came to check on it…ud be better off making sure u have lots of distance between each plant so that if someone finds one u dont lose everything n making it look untended is also wise

3 Likes

Also if ur gonna be growing in the woods do ur best to take different routes to check on ur ladies as u dont want a trail leading directly to your prize, if it was myself, I’d pick several sites located far apart go plant then come back when it’s time to harvest, also u cld hang ur buds from high enough tree branch that deer n other animals wont be able to mess with it

1 Like

Welcome to ILGM forum. I don’t know anything about growing outdoors. I do know that @repins12 was a guerilla grower for years he might be able to give you a few pointers on illegal outdoor grows. I’ve got him tagged for you so he’ll probably see this before long.

3 Likes

The advice that everyone is giving you is sound advice. I’m assuming that it is not legal to grow where you are. You are talking about a rather large area. Roughly 30x30 yards, 90’x90’ or 8,100 square feet. Are you friggin nuts. I believe in go big or go home but, I like being on the outside looking in and not on the inside looking out. I am a bit of a risk taker myself but, I would not even consider attempting this. You might want to re-think your plan. I’ve grown a lot of weed guerrilla style in my lifetime and would love to help but, if it is not legal where you are, you are asking to get busted and I don’t want to assist you in doing so, for your own good. Sorry my friend. The max size space I would recommend would be 10x10 or 100 square feet, roughly 3x3 meters. If you want to be more realistic about the size of your grow, I might consider giving you a few pointers. I can’t, with a clear conscious, do so when, in my opinion, there is a very, very good chance, that this will result in you getting busted. Again, sorry my friend. Good Luck. I just can’t and won’t do it. :v:

9 Likes

I’m not plannig on filling that whole space with plants, that would be insane lol.
i have 15 seeds rn that i think i’ll spread out over 3-4 sites around 3km apart and hope for the best. Thanks for all the advice given by everyone it was really helpful :+1:

That’s much more reasonable. I must have misunderstood what you were saying. It appeared to me that you were talking a 25m x 25m spot. Multiple spots spread far apart is key. I would be willing to help if I can now but what I understood before is something that I would not even attempt and didn’t want to partake in something that most likely would have a bad ending. :+1: :v:

2 Likes

Friend of mine planted his seeds in the fork of the trees then forgot all about them. He went back months later and couldn’t find them. He near wet himself when he found them. Took him a while to pull it all down as they had grown up the tree.

4 Likes

On the grow site, would you say it’s wiser to spread the plants out rather than growing them all i one little patch? Also, how will i protect them from slugs and deer when they’re young

2 Likes

Welcome to the community! I am assuming you’re in a non friendly state. Spreading your plants out is always a good plan. I am going to say this Going back and forth to your plants Too often Is never good. It does not take too many trips to leave a trail. It is good to prepare your holes With everything the plant needs to make it through veg. This will cut travel down to maybe three or four times all summer. Good luck with the deer. They’re always going to get a couple. Sometimes they only take half of it and leave you the other half. Good luck.

3 Likes

Well, ideally u wont protect them, with the type of grow ur doing ur best bet is to just let nature do its thing, I also highly recommend checking ur state laws and see what constitutes a felony as these laws will help define your “comfort zone”, for instance, if possession of 3 plants is a misdemeanor but 4 is a felony then keep ur grow sites limited to 3 plants each and space your sites far enough apart any local civilians or authorities wont be able to find or connect any 2 sites, and this is just an example of how u shld use ur local laws to model your grow around, I’d say ur distance from populated areas and hunters/fishermen habits in your area play a huge part in your decision making also, there is alot of variables and risks brother

3 Likes

My dad grew in random woods all my life, n he was very careful n that’s were my basic knowledge comes from on this subject, but! He had lots of plants get eaten/stolen, but once one of his plants was reported, they put a deer camera out there n eventually came knocking on our door lol it was just one plant n it wasn’t to serious he spent the weekend in jail n paid alot of fines but my point is BE CAREFUL!

3 Likes

Hi guys.sone off you might know me I have my own blog and grow in doors.looking at growing out doors in the summer.i live on a residential area all homes very close.yes it is not legal to grow were I am.any thoughts on what might be my best options as summer will get too hot for my room as to the location it’s situated in.thanks in advance.

As far away from anything as you can get.
https://twitter.com/SixtyTrees

1 Like