How effective are charcoal filters with odor?

I have 2 ww autos that should finish up around the beginning to mid November. Both are outside in Coco doing well at 3 weeks. I am considering a filtered tent for drying. I could hang the plants for drying in the garage but I fear every time I open the door to drive somewhere the sweet odor will waft out into the neighborhood.

If charcoal filtering works well with odors I do have a room that I could put a filtered tent in. The room is cool and the humidity indoors is low due to A/C which runs almost year round here.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Charcoal filters do help a lot, but they rarely eliminate the smell completely, especially when drying.

1 Like

on the flip side… the smell during flower should be stronger than during drying… so if you are cool with growing them outside…inside with a charcoal filter shouldnt be an issue for you.

The filters work great :+1:
If you have a tent you will smell it when you open tent for service tho but when closed up you should have close to zero smells if filter is sized properly
I actually recycle my air from flower room into basement and youd have no idea what i have in my flower room

1 Like

They definatly remove smell unless you are in your tent. I’m in a illegal state and my neighbor tells me that they never smell anything except for drying then they say they get periodic small whiffs so I have a charcoal filter running in my grow room and one in my grow box and they haven’t said anything sense

2 Likes

Did you smoke a bowl with 'em? That’s all they wanted :slight_smile:

try Ona Gel it really masks the smell well. ppl com einto my house all the time and I just make sure to put out the gel on small plates with a fan blowing on them and you only smell the ONA…

1 Like

They are the only people who know what I do, we started this together and they didn’t have funds or time to keep it going so I took over and they backed out (mutual decision, parted on good terms) and I was actually burning one with him when he told me

1 Like

My wife uses a coffee wax melt when trimming and everthings happening they mask the smell really good, I also have a 3ft whole house exhaust fan that will pull smells out in 2.5. But I may have to try ona in my garage that’s where they dry and it smells like a weed farm during drying but I am upgrading my exhaust so I’m moving my old exhaust into my drying room so that should help

2 Likes

If you have known company coming over, throw something in the crock-pot (Chili, pot roast, etc). Bake some cookies, light a cigar, lots of ‘masks’ for the smell besides incense.

2 Likes

get the gallon size its a great product :+1:t2:

1 Like