How does my 4-day-old Wedding Cake Auto look?

She’s starting to look thirsty now, I think. Is it watering day?

For what it’s worth, they always look a bit woeful and sad when they first “wake up” after lights come on, so that bit isn’t so worrisome. Pic doesn’t look the kind of droop I’d be sending in paramedics for.

This is, just for a frame of reference:

That plant also made a full recovery with just a bit of water, so things can get pretty bleak. They’re resilient.

Lowering the speed of your exhaust might help, if you can tweak it down some without losing negative pressure in your tent.

Low humidity isn’t going to make or break anything though. It will slow things down.

My RH since Oct 25 hasn’t ever gone above 52%, and more often than not sits around 29% these days (my Pulse yells at me every time it drops under 30, which is multiple times in a day.)

A small ultrasonic humidifier does wonders, if needed.

2 Likes

The picture I sent this morning was about an hour before lights off. Just fed and watered a gallon before they went to sleep. I have my lights off between 0930-1530. “Warmest” part of the day. Did some more LST at 0300 this morning so I’ll have more pics when she wakes up

2 Likes

Also makes perfect sense. They “wake” and “sleep” like we do. Some are more dramatic than others.

Perfect. :v: let’s monitor, but I think you’re on the road to improvement.

1 Like

My 420 fast buds blue dream autos, Humboldt freakshow photos and critical+mass 2.0 photos just came in!!! Here we come photos!! Do you think I can run a blue dream auto and a photo in the same tent or should I just do one photo or two autos? I’m dying to get into this freakshow!!! Freaky looking plant!!!

2 Likes

In case You didn’t see the freakshow picture

3 Likes

Update @Graysin

4 Likes

Coming along nicely

2 Likes

They look great. Is little one’s pot heavy still?

1 Like

They both are now since they were watered this morning. Should they be light and ready to be watered again like you were saying every two days tomorrow? The big one is exploding! Can’t wait for that stretch!

1 Like

I expect they’ll both be light enough, especially the big girl. They got fed Great White, right?

1 Like

They sure did!

1 Like

I’ve been waiting the pot is light light before watering. Don’t want to overwater and afraid to do so. Happy google gobble day everyone

2 Likes

Good deal. Water tomorrow morning anyway. I know it’s counterintuitive for what we’re doing (trying not to drown the little one), but I’m thinking what you got going on is a couple diff things. I think the mycos will help set her back on track and get her drinking more. We just gotta keep that coco moist without overdoing it so they can stay alive and do their work.

Ps, happy turkey day :turkey:

3 Likes

Is that gap between bud nodes too tall? Like should I lower the light. Raise it? Brighten it? Be feeding tonight.

4 Likes

Is there a certain point I should lollipop again to force energy to bud sites and increase airflow (along with some canopy defoliation)? This biggest plant I’ve grown , and way easier to work with compared to my first grow. A lot more vigorous for sure

1 Like

I’ve never run autos but from what I’ve read once they begin to flower you want to stress them as little as possible. I’d be leery of any trimming or pruning until she has past the flowering point of no return.

1 Like

After her stretch would be a good time to lollipop bc that’s when you’ll have a closer idea to the max height. Since you haven’t stretched really it’s going to look like you barely did anything to her after the stretch. Then after you do that all I did was a few heavy defoliations about 5 days apart bc my plant needed it, and then eventually it turned into select defoliation and then this past month or more I haven’t really touched the leaves unless it was blocking a bunch of sites, and even then I tried to just remove individual fingers instead of the entire leaf. As well as light LST just to open up the canopy/better positioning for lighting.

1 Like

Really once you notice that your 1/3 has turned into less than 1/3 is when you’d do it again. That may not happen it’s just up to your personal judgement. I will say I wish I could’ve cut off more of my smaller budsites to see if it would’ve helped add to the bigger nugs bc I had sites that never developed into anything that I eventually got off of there but could’ve gotten sooner and wish I would’ve.

1 Like

Okay I’ll wait a good while before I lollipop and defoliate. It’s becoming a pain to try to tuck the watering can tip inside the canopy without spilling nutes on the leaves or bud sites. Only have a couple holes I can tuck it in without hitting leaves. I do hit stalk though and hope that’s not a big deal. @Graysin my pot did fix the bottom being heavy!!!

Question with the lights, is it better to have them lower above the canopy with lower power or is it better to have them higher with higher power with the lights being higher and brighter? Is it gonna give me more of a footprint inside the tent, as opposed to being 18 inches above the canopy, and turn down?.

1 Like

That’s my thought. I try to keep my lights as high as I can get them without raising my temps too high or being too far away from the canopy.

Good. I thought some airflow would help :v::100:

1 Like