How does it look

ok need some help been doing lights 18hr on and 6 off should i change that now and if so to what and tell me how it looks its my first time growing and i dont have all the high tech stuff just using a fan and led 4ft shop light and a self made grow room using cardboard and aluminum foil

3 Likes

You plant looks nice. Are you asking if you should change from 18/6 to 12/12? How old is it?

Its 4 weeks old @Sixpackdad

1 Like

M personal preference is to go six weeks of veg before flipping over to 12/12.

If you have other questions or are looking for folks to assess your grow, please feel free and copy/paste and fill out this support ticket. Thanks!

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA:

Age from sprout:
Age from flower:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

How often do I water and how do I determine when to water; at what pH:

PH and PPMS of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS.

Indoor or Outdoor:

Room size:

Light system, size, height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Any other info you think is pertinent:

If it’s an Auto just leave it 18/6 it will do everything all on its own!! I would really invest in a light to flower!!

@Jarnkat idk what it is its a seed i got out of some home grown a buddy grew didnt want to spend alot for my first time growing if i grow this plant and it turns out then ill invest in a light and everything i have cfl lights i can put on them and a grow bulb thats purple should use those lights with the led light how many and would a 300watt grow light be good enough or should i get the 600 watt

2 Likes

It’s still a little small to switch to 12/12 in my opinion. It’s not mature enough to develop flowers yet anyway, so she’d do best to grow a little longer under 18/6. Your shop light will do okay for seedlings like this, but you will definitely need more light. How much depends on how much space you have to let it stretch out. How much you harvest off the plant will be directly effected by how much light it is grown under. Get the best quality lighting your budget affords for the space you have, the first time. What type of purple bulbs do you have? Just single bulbs? I probably wouldn’t bother with them except for again, for seedlings. Do you have a tent or another lightproof space to grow in? It looks like you’re doing great so far. Up to where you’re at now is where most people struggle at first. You got a seed to germinate, and it looks to be thriving :+1: The CFLs might be slightly better than the shop light for now, depending on the wattage and color.

1 Like

I would continue to veg as well. Let it get a little bigger.