How does artificial light effect AF grow?

I have 6 AF- 2 White Widow, 1 GSCX and 4 Blue Berry. They are at the north end of my barn, get direct sunlight until about 12, then they are shaded til about 4 when they are in direct sunlight again, all the plants are doing excellent, except for GSCX (she is one closest to light). Pictures of plants tomorrow in sunlight. If autos don’t require specific light cycles, how will light effect grow?

1 Like

Good question. I’m watching.

1 Like

If the plants never really see total darkness then aren’t they on a 24 hour light schedule technically? And people run autos on a 24/7 schedule. I would think they might hermie at the worst, but that would be if they had random periods of complete darkness or interrupted sleep cycles by that light over their heads. Does your flood light stay on or is it motion detection?

If it comes on right at dusk I would think autos would be ok. But if its motion detected or comes on after it’s been dark for so long then I would think that would be the only way they might act weird or like I said above, hermie. I’m a newer grower so I’m interested as well. Hope it goes well for ya! I love my white widow autos, really hearty plants

1 Like

@dbrn32 can answer this for sure !

2 Likes

Photo sensitive eye, think I might just move plants periodically so they don’t all recieve same amount of light every night. Or there is always the option to install an on/off switch.

1 Like

That would be the end all be all solution haha

2 Likes

All things, plants included, need a break. Imagine staying up 24/7, it’d be tiring

2 Likes

Nice barn tho

2 Likes

Autos shouldn’t require any darkness to complete their life cycle. Contrary to popular belief, photo period plants in vegetation don’t need any darkness either. They are c3 plants, and will continue to process energy without a dark period. It’s not until flowering that the plants actually require uninterrupted dark period.

3 Likes