How do you water your plants?

Hey everyone, I’m curious how you guys go about watering? I’ve always just used gallon jugs but I’m honestly getting tired of filling up and mixing nutes/pH for 4+ jugs.

I’m thinking about using a 10 gallon drinking cooler as a mixing reservoir and just pouring from there into a quart container and into the pots. I’m hoping someone has plans for a cool diy watering apparatus or something.

2 Likes

I usually just use small watering can and transfer from a 5 gallon bucket. I’m not a large pot grower though, so I don’t really need a lot.

1 Like

I just use a Homer and call it good.

3 Likes

@Myfriendis410 what is a homer?

2 Likes

I have two 20 ltr buckets and use a battery operated aquarium pump that emptys Aquariums @Bakerbudz
and pump it to the plants when needed.
Something like this.

2 Likes

@Hungrybud sounds interesting, can you measure out how much water your plants get with the pump or do you just eyeball it?

2 Likes

Measurements on the inside of the buckets, so i know when they have had 5 or 6 litres each.

1 Like

Home Depot orange bucket.

2 Likes

A garden hose and a 5 gallon bucket for inside

1 Like

@Hungrybud @Bakerbudz

2 Likes

yes mate, what can i do for you?

Joke on what a homer is…

1 Like

The only Homer i know of is the one you put up, and a Greek poet!

1 Like

You have never heard of Homer Simpson? He is a character from “The Simpson’s “ one of the longest animated shows on the Tele in the United States.

Thats why i said i know the one you put up!

2 Likes

I used to use 32oz Gatorade bottles but I switched to 1 gallon jug. It gets old so I will have it fill up while I am doing other things like getting a pot of coffee going.

I only have to water just two plants. Unfortunately they are not on the same nutrients so I will have to get another 1 gallon jug.