How do you wash bubble bags after using

I have bubble bags that haven’t been used in awhile and I want to clean them

1 Like

Isopropyl alcohol in a shallow bowl for the Screens(turned inside out), ISO on papertowel wipe down for solid surfaces. That’s how we do ours. or IF I am extracting right away I use everclear in the bowl and run it too.

1 Like

These have been sitting for 3 yrs they’re sticky and dusty

In that case I’d opt for wash with hot water first, and then let em dry a bit and Lots of Isopropyl.
I’ve gotten in the habit of cleaning them when I’m done, on my second set.

2 Likes

I rinsed them out real good when I was finished last time but not with alcohol. I let them dry real good and put the in storage. When I pulled them out they were dusty and a little sticky on the tops. I’ll get some isopropyl alcohol and first rinse them in 50/50 h2o2 and h2o then alcohol.

1 Like

Hot water

Yep I’d get like 7 bottles or so 91% if u can find it and fill a 5 gallon bucket with a few inches and soak it in the alcohol for a bit and do a scrub between soaks. After being mostly cleaned in the one bucket I’d rinse it and then do it again in another clean batch of alcohol. I just run alcohol they my bags when I’m done using them clean up good after the alcohol bath and let them dry up good before I store them.

2 Likes

Peroxide is not a trichome solvent and won’t do much to clean the gunk that gathers in your bags. I just throw mine in the washing machine (so long as you have durable bags) with plain laundry soap and some Borax.

3 Likes

This is what bubblebagdude recommends
BUBBLEBAGDUDE CARE AND CLEANING

Always rinse the bags thoroughly with cold water immediately after use. Do not use warm or hot water, as this will clog the screens. (For the Bubble Machine, use the same method)
Repeat as necessary.
Hang the bags and always allow them to air-dry completely before storing them to prevent mold or rot issues.

• Never use detergent or any solvents.

• If your screens become clogged you can use 99% isopropyl alcohol on a soft toothbrush to gently remove tough stains. Keep alcohol away from the edge of the screen. (Stichting)

5 Likes

I know peroxide isn’t a solvent just thought it might be better than plain water to prewash and rinse with.

I just found a YouTube video where a guy uses citristrip and then put it in the washing machine and they came out looking brand new

Searched “how to get bubble bags clean again”.

Use a little of whatever above makes sense to you. I’ve done more damage to my first set with the Mortar/paint mixer than any of the cleaning I tried early on. Thankfully they aren’t that $$ and you can replace the good sizes 100 and smaller individually as/if needed. How I got to water and ISO & making sure they are dry prior to storage is really all you need. Prost!

1 Like

I wash mine just like the laundry with tide

Head to supermarket with a small jar in your pocket. Ask the butcher to fill with breakup. Mix that in water…warm to hot. Drop them in. 15 minutes rinse them off. Done. Retired butcher. 30 plus years. Biodegradable…food safe…zero residuals after rinse. Will totally DESTROY oils.

What is it an alkali cleaner? Any idea?
Like Sodium Metasilicate?

NM, I pulled the MSDS on it if its “BREAK UP D3.5” Good stuff good on organic fats and oils for sure.
sodium xylene sulphonate
disodium metasilicate
potassium carbonate
2-butoxyethanol
tetrapotassium pyrophosphate

1 Like

Have not used it in a while. No clue anymore. Used so many cleaners over the years.All food safe. All biodegradable for water runoff when sanitizing shops. All about the same in a different bottle.

1 Like

Sounds like it. The good ol MSDS.

1 Like

Good stuff. Very similar to a brewers wash called PBW thats for breaking down hop oils and organic proteins, the viney cousin of cannabis.

1 Like

i wonder if the dust is dried up kief?