How do you use Veg + bloom switches. 1000w LED full spectrum

I understand that in Veg you would use a Veg switch and bloom the bloom switch obviously but when would you use both switches and at what stage would you use just bloom switch with the veg to give full spectrum would you use that before you start flower or as u start To go into flower or at the end of flower. If there is anyone who can help guide me in the correct way will be of great help and i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. @Donaldj @dbrn32 @Countryboyjvd1971 @garrigan62 @Sasquatch @FloridaSon @elheffe702 @VoodooKing @BIGE @ILGM.Zoe

1 Like

Use the veg switch during the veg phase. When it comes time to flower turn on your bloom switch and leave your veg switch on as well. If you’re growing autos you can run both switches from beginning to end from what I’ve heard. I haven’t grown autos so maybe someone who has can confirm my last sentence.

Edit: You can run both switches with photo period plants as well, especially if you’re running 12/12 from beginning to end. It’s important to remember that the veg switch is meant to mimic sunlight during spring and summer. The bloom switch is meant to mimic fall light.

2 Likes

Ya. Veg switch only on for veg and both switches on for flowering.

2 Likes

When switching to veg and bloom, would that be a good time to add more light to the grow if able to.

1 Like

Usually, depends on how much light you’re starting with.

1 Like

You could run both in veg and bloom phases, and the veg phase would probably grow a little faster, but you save a lot on your electric bill by not using the bloom light in veg phase. Plants simply don’t need as much light in veg phase.

1 Like

thank you all very much as i wasn’t sure if there is any special way to use them more for example the last couple of weeks i was thinking that wen u used just the bloom switch to help fatten the bugs but then its said u need more not less light in flower. So i don’t get why have both veg and bloom why not just a veg switch. Or do people do it this way switch of Veg switch on. Bloom for how many ever weeks 3 or 4 weeks then switch on the veg button to increase light. But i will probably switch to both lights during the flowering stages and maybe last week or 2 just use bloom switch and see wat would happen.

1 Like

I have a question, back when i first started collecting my grow equipment i saw the usual" you cant add too much light" statement for flower, so i bought two bestva dc 4000’s for my 4 x 8 im growing three plants in that tent and im on week 5 flower, i did just as this post asks ans ran both veg and bloom once i switched to flower, but now im starting to notice light bleaching on lower newer leaves , and the fan leaves by my kolas are really starting to canoe, i have my nutes dialed in well and ph and ppm are fine , sorry didnt mean to ask my own question on someone else’s post but i thought it related to the op, my question is would it be damaging to turn my veg light off here on week 5 of flower and just run my bloom switches ? the lights are a bit more powerful than needed i think sk im curious if that would fix my issue

I’m using the same light. Did you get an answer?

Check this article out: https://news.californialightworks.com/what-is-the-best-led-spectrum-for-growing/

I’m going to be trying this method out with my led light. It makes sense if you do some research on the sunlight spectrum and light temp(K). Especially researching exactly what spectrum cannabis plants like/ and more so what the light spectrum would be during the seasons you’d be growing your plants, if you grew outdoors to mimic nature. One thing to keep in mind when reading the article, is towards the end when it explains the lighting for flowering stage. It can be a little contradicting, or misleading. It says use 100% bloom and leave your other switch (veg) at 100%. Go full power. But it also says using more red is better for bud growth and having too much blue will promote a lot of growth energy to the stems and leaves which is why you want more red, so your plant focuses more of that light and energy towards the buds instead. Which is true with what I always read online. I find this same problem when reading online about the best way to use leds. Everyone always says use both switches all the time, or use only veg in veg, and then use both in flowering. Not that they are wrong, or anything like that. I can see other people’s point of views on how to implement led lighting. It also makes sense to use both switches to give your plants the most light. Especially if your using lower wattage lights cause only using one switch at a time your not giving your plant much light. If you have a high powered led light, I would definitely recommend trying out the method in the article I posted. Especially if each of your Chanel’s have a turn nob, so you can adjust the percentage of light for each channel. My light also has a separate channel for the uvb light, so I’m gonna be trying that out too towards the finishing stage of flowering. Anyways, hope this information helps. I’m no expert at growing by any means. I’m still a beginner, but I will definitely be trying this out.

1 Like

Lighting is crucial for cannabis cultivation. The sun provides the ideal natural light with the right UV spectrum for the plants. The nearer you are to the equator, the more optimal the sunlight is.

When the plant leaves touch each other, they are ready to bloom.

You can trigger this by switching the light cycle to 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness.

The plants will keep growing for a few more weeks, but they will already produce hormones for flowering. Please check out our guide about optimal lighting for cannabis plants for more information.

My light manual says use bloom during flowering and veg&bloom during fruiting