How do you LST?

Broke out the Sony for a couple pics…

2 Likes

Just keep tucking the new growth under the net…

3 Likes

Looks like time to trim it down below your canopy :face_with_monocle::v:

3 Likes

Looks nice though - truck and “wrap” new ends into your net “weave” then into it. :grin:

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ll hit that up manana. I’ve got a little bit of time and really concentrating on keeping light on the 30 tops! 1st time running Northern Lights. Pretty hardy fast grower so far.

1 Like

Do you pull back down and keep the plant under the net or actually weave under and over

1 Like

How do I? I tie a tight ring of twine around my fabric pots and anchor my stems on them

1 Like

To fill a trellis you just keep pushing them back under in the direction you want them to grow. Untill at least 80% full then flip. I guess a screen of green is kind of like LST. But they aren’t the same in terminology. Would he pointless to LST and scrog

I prefer actual LST over screens (scrog)

1 Like

Either way - preference. I’ve tried to weave it, if not under depends.

1 Like

Ahhhh, you’ve got the “stem benders”? How do you like them?

Way better than pipe cleaners. And with the ability to the bends exactly where I want them I can keep more strength. And removal is easier too ofc. Just slide them sideways.

Thanks! I’m gonna check them out. Right now I use the net and then pull out the tops towards the out side with garden wire. So I use the net/wire tie down method. LoL. But it stretches them outward and right about week 3 of flower, let em go!

That works fine. Not much different than I do. I know I haven’t said exactly why I don’t like nets yet. Not sure why. Was waiting to see if anyone else actually caught the difference., I’ve definitely noticed it from mistakes I made during lst I couldn’t of made with a net. Stop using nets. Learn your plants, hurt them some. They’ll return the favor. I could try and explain it, but someone tried to explain it to me and it was lost on me. But after last two grows in soil and current in coco I know it to be true. If anything a net gives your plant a crutch. If anything she needs the crutch kicked out from underneath.

Above is current Skywalker. Which has received some abuse. For sure. Flipped just a few days ago. Maybe 4? Weeks old. It will fill most this tent by time it’s 6 weeks old. Which leave ~5 weeks to finish. If I used a net add 1-2 weeks to that. If not more.

Nets are for the lazy. Either way you’ll fill a tent… but… time considering she was about 40% of that size 2 days ago

1 Like