How do you know when to harvest

• Blue Dream from seed
  • Method: Organic soil Fox Farm Happy Frog Soil
  • Outdoor
  • No Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night LA this summer
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; No; outdoors

Last year I germinated seeds and tried to start them inside in a window but the seedlings would get leggy and then never survive the transplanting to felt pots outside. I was too neurotic and watched them all the time, overwatered or underwatered them, and none of them ever made it to harvest.

This year I germinated the seeds March 15 to 21 and then planted directly in the ground. I also started 3 in my patio planter and transplanted 2 to 45 gallon felt pots on June 1.

I’ve seen all the charts about trichomes turning amber etc… wondering how much longer until it’s time to harvest. I’m in southern CA and these are looking. How much longer do you estimate?

IMG_1793.HEIC

4 Likes

Looking good! Still probably have another 4-6 weeks.

4 Likes

I’ve never harvested but I’m getting close
Just a little ahead of you maybe
But you’ll want to see the calyx swelling and fattening up and your pistols will turn brown and curled

4 Likes

Agree another 4-6 weeks. How do you tell? I usually wait until most of those hairs are amber, at this point you need to look at the trichomes. Most prefer cloudy to amber trichomes.

5 Likes

A Complete Guide on When to Harvest Hemp

3 Likes

Thanks @oldmarine I have seen this one and it’s great.

1 Like

I’m in a very similar place. Wondering if i should start flushing soon.

2 Likes

You still have a while. Would continue doing what you’re doing

1 Like

I looked closer at trichomes and they are white so I am going to wait about 3 to 4 weeks until half of them are amber.

1 Like

Btw welcome to the forum! Everyone is extremely helpful and if you need anything just ask. Plants look good!

1 Like