How do you hang your plant yo yo?

What is a yo yo?

1 Like

I use yarn but my yo-yos came with two hooks. I am definitely confused unless you turned each 180 degrees to support the branch/cola from both sides?

What is a yo yo? ditto @Flitme

1 Like

It’s up there :point_up_2: those are yoyos

2 Likes

You mean ?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VNVRPKG

Or?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LY94RF8

No look at the picture the guy posted. There the yellow hook things that hold branches up so your plant doesn’t fall over.

1 Like

Oh…

1 Like

Oh so its just a string to the rafters and a yellow twisty tie then LOL! I thought it was an actual YO-YO :rofl: @DebbieM thanks for the explanation and screenshot…LOL Hell I guess Im yo-yo in before I even knew wtf it was…(Im outdoor) My colas were getting/are getting hella fat and branches were bending,one or two broke…So I used the outdoor umbrella poles we have to string up all the branches so that they wouldn’t break!! I was mad @ myself for not knowing or thinking about supporting the branches ( Ive had friends grow for years outdoors and never seen them use any supports but anyway) Next year its support and silica I will be ready!! Thanks all!

1 Like

So… The yo-yos I bought, have a small spool of retractable fishing line with 2 of those large yellow “hooks” on the end that can hold up a couple buds/colas each if the bud spacing allows. They look like this:

Push the button in to lock, or the other direction to engage the spring and retract the line. The original question was about how to hang them. I used paper clips through the hole you see.

2 Likes

No twist-ties. Just hooks that go gently around the stems.

2 Likes

Oh yes that’s a yo-yo!! Thank You.

2 Likes

I thought I invented that myself with my elastic for the LST, then I just logically took it up when I got buds that were bending over. Necessity being the mother of invention.

Processing: 20210807_225806.jpg…
It got toward the end where I just did a double wrap around w/no knot.

3 Likes

@Newt …Prize :trophy: goes to you for the best explanation and pics…THANK YOU! I think those will work great for me outdoors next year?.. LOL "twist-ties was sarcasm :rofl:

Good luck, and happy growing!

1 Like

I still don’t know when to use them. I have kolas however the branches seem to be holding them just fine so I don’t know to use these things

Interesting about the fans do you want your plant moving because of the fan or just air in the tent?

I only add them after they are falling over. so if they never start. It never happens

2 Likes
  1. The plants need fresh air
  2. The moving air helps prevent mold and bud rot
1 Like

@Budz is right. If the buds don’t get heavy enough to bend the stems, you won’t need to support them otherwise.

1 Like

Oh, and while you can’t see them in the above pic, I have 3 fans. The one at the bottom is pulling in fresh air. And then I have one on either side of the tent that blows across the plants for the circulation.

1 Like