How do you hang your plant yo yo?

I ordered and got some plant up how but these yo you didn’t come with anything to hang them on…my grow tent bar is too big to attach the yo how to…what do you use…a second bonus question…Do you attach the yo you to the plant before you need to? My plant is flowering but so far the branches are holding the small amount of flower just fine.

1 Like

I hung a string across the top of my tent from on side to the other and I just clip the yo-yos on the string .

2 Likes

I hung mine like Christmas Tree ornaments using bent paperclips, on both tent frame, and from my light (since it was stationary at the point I needed the yo-yos)

And I waited until I needed them. So I knew where I needed them.

1 Like

You can use coat hangers to hang ur plant i use wire tie i put the wire tie around the pole that goes across the top of my tent and then i put it around my plant

1 Like

I actually had to add bamboo AND yo-yos to one for support, just yo-yos on my other.:

3 Likes

What is a yo yo?

1 Like

I use yarn but my yo-yos came with two hooks. I am definitely confused unless you turned each 180 degrees to support the branch/cola from both sides?

What is a yo yo? ditto @Flitme

1 Like

It’s up there :point_up_2: those are yoyos

2 Likes

You mean ?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VNVRPKG

Or?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LY94RF8

No look at the picture the guy posted. There the yellow hook things that hold branches up so your plant doesn’t fall over.

1 Like

Oh…

1 Like

Oh so its just a string to the rafters and a yellow twisty tie then LOL! I thought it was an actual YO-YO :rofl: @DebbieM thanks for the explanation and screenshot…LOL Hell I guess Im yo-yo in before I even knew wtf it was…(Im outdoor) My colas were getting/are getting hella fat and branches were bending,one or two broke…So I used the outdoor umbrella poles we have to string up all the branches so that they wouldn’t break!! I was mad @ myself for not knowing or thinking about supporting the branches ( Ive had friends grow for years outdoors and never seen them use any supports but anyway) Next year its support and silica I will be ready!! Thanks all!

1 Like

So… The yo-yos I bought, have a small spool of retractable fishing line with 2 of those large yellow “hooks” on the end that can hold up a couple buds/colas each if the bud spacing allows. They look like this:

Push the button in to lock, or the other direction to engage the spring and retract the line. The original question was about how to hang them. I used paper clips through the hole you see.

2 Likes

No twist-ties. Just hooks that go gently around the stems.

2 Likes

Oh yes that’s a yo-yo!! Thank You.

2 Likes

I thought I invented that myself with my elastic for the LST, then I just logically took it up when I got buds that were bending over. Necessity being the mother of invention.

Processing: 20210807_225806.jpg…
It got toward the end where I just did a double wrap around w/no knot.

3 Likes

@Newt …Prize :trophy: goes to you for the best explanation and pics…THANK YOU! I think those will work great for me outdoors next year?.. LOL "twist-ties was sarcasm :rofl:

Good luck, and happy growing!

1 Like

I still don’t know when to use them. I have kolas however the branches seem to be holding them just fine so I don’t know to use these things