How do you get such clear tricome pics?

I bought one of those usb microscopes you attach to your phone because I cant see well enough for a loupe to be of much help, and I can’t stay steady enough… trying to ficus and aim and then with the other hand take a pic just isnt working.

Anyone got any tips on how to keep it all steady?

2 Likes

Cut a small piece of the bud off

2 Likes

I never thought of that… just wanting to not mess it up…

1 Like

I saw someone had it mounted on a mic stand.

2 Likes

I use a portable microscope that is on a stand. Cut a piece of flower off and then take your pics.

4 Likes

don’t feel bad i complained about this last week, its a pain, and I took the suggestions of gettting a stand and cutting a small piece of bud off

1 Like

I take a small sample from a bud and slight it under the scope

6 Likes

I duct tape mine to a music stand and it keeps my hand a little steadier

1 Like

Mine is gaffer taped to an old camera tripod.

Tape and any old tripod or clamp lamp you could rob the clamp from works good to.

5 Likes

Mine came with a stand I clip a small bud and set it on a table then I slide the microscope up to the bud until it’s in focus. I found its easier to slide the scope than to move the tiny bud to focus.

1 Like

2 Likes

I got one of the too but my hands are too shaky

3 Likes

I had that issue also bc of low blood sugar. I had to drink a sprite , sit in a chair and turn my fan off to get a decent pic. I’m sure a tripod would help

2 Likes

I have the same microscope

3 Likes

Most definitely :+1:
I get it close with the dial, then I use the little crank on the tripod to fine tune it into focus.

I wish I had a better one myself :confused:
It could be the app I use it through but I can’t really tell the difference between clear and cloudy :man_facepalming: it’s like the l.e.d.s in it shine so bright it makes them all look cloudy.
Do you experience anything like this with yours?
And what app do you use?
This is the one I use.
That’s its home screen, the image on the phone is its “icon”.

I use my laptop, do you have the light brightness swight on the cord?

1 Like

Nope, no adjustment on the light. Was hoping maybe a different app had that ability.
It’s not that big a deal, I tend to just use my hand held.
But if I had a better one I sure would use it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I use the max-see app and turn the light down on the scope I try to use as much natural light as possible

1 Like