How do they look? Week 7

Hi everyone.

First time I’ve gotten this far in a grow and I think everything is looking great. I could have better lights I feel but what are your thoughts on these buds so far.

7 weeks in.
Wedding Cake clones.
Light: Mars Reflector 48 LED Grow Light

Any suggestions for stronger or more powerful lights for a 70x70 tent would be much appreciated for my next grow.

1 Like

Hey @KregDavid, welcome! Try to post pics in natural light. It makes it easier to spot any problems. Looks great! Looks like the tips are just slightly starting to burn…tells me you’re feeding them just right, in my opinion. I think it’s @PurpNGold74 calls that “painting their nails.” Looks really frosty! Nice work :+1:

As for your lighting, is the tent 70 centimeters or inches? How tall?

2 Likes

Look pretty good from what I can see. Try taking pictures in a more natural light source. A picture showing the whole plant would probably help too.

3 Likes

These are both from 5 days ago. I’ll get new shots tomorrow or Monday but they’re quite a bit bigger now.

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve been keeping an eye on them 5 times a day minimum.

2 Likes

They look healthy. It looks like you have stripped some leaves? In my opinion the development of the plants doesn’t really suggest they needed that kind of treatment. They are stretchy which is indicative of your space not quite having enough light intensity. When you have the longer node spacing there’s not really much to gain by stripping the plants.

2 Likes

Thanks I was told to keep pruning and stripping them but I’ll give that a big break for now and let them grow.

I am already looking into a newer light set up that will be a better for that space. Anything you’d recommend?

I’m not sure who would’ve told you to do that, or why. Your plants don’t really fit any need. You could actually use more leaves to receive energy from your light.

I commented in other thread on your light. Not a lot of commercial lights available for your space. I would look at building your own.

1 Like

, i think i need to cut some

1 Like

Yeah I got that comment. I think the beauty of this grow is the need to go big and use better equipment. I’ll definitely be giving you a shout when that happens. If that’s okay.

2 Likes

That looks awesome!!

1 Like

He’s definitely the man to go to for lighting questions. I have a 3×3 tent so a light build was not as pricey as the bigger tent options. Good luck with your grow :v::green_heart:

2 Likes

Thanks so much. It’s been such a fantastic learning curve so far. This forum has been a bunch of help too. :facepunch:t3::facepunch:t3::facepunch:t3::seedling::seedling:

3 Likes