How do my fellow city growers dispose of the remains after harvest?

I live in town- can i throw the stems n roots in the trash? seems risky? cut them up ? hmmmm will my trash come back to haunt me? lol not trying to get a knock at the door… like excuse me… we’re here with a search warrant because of the evidence in your GARBAGE! I did put a bunch of leaves from lolly popping in the thrash and was super nervous about that too… in a box of papers with my name on to boot- that has been haunting me in my head so now i have a couple dead/harvested pots here and I’m nervous lol

Certainly don’t mix anything with your name on it in the same bag, like envelopes, junk mail, etc. I’d find a local dumpster to pitch it in.

2 Likes

We have 3 bin’s, general waste, recycled, and garden waste, I just put mine in garden waste and don’t think about it.

5 Likes

I don’t live in the city but I have garbage pickup we have reg and recycle bins I cut mine to fit in reg garbage place in black garbage bag and let it fly once in the truck it’s anyone’s guess where it came from . I only put the remains of the plant into bag nothing else :grinning:

2 Likes

It might seem a little bit strange but I keep the softier materiel, I wash it, chop it in very small pieces , let it completly dry, grind it in a fine powder and use it like an additive on my smooties and add it to my regular flour (i make my own bread), for the harshier materiel, I chop it and put it on the compost boot. :wink::v:

5 Likes

That doesn’t sound strange at all @Niala I think its a good idea… think ill do that with the pruning materials as i lolly pop Thank you :kissing_heart:

1 Like

You’re welcome :wink::innocent::grinning:

And thank you :kissing_heart:

1 Like

That’s Awsome, great idea !! <*)))><{

2 Likes

got about 20 acres of this out behind the house that is owned by the state as easement for forestry access all the scrap goes right out there give it a day and I probably wouldn’t be able to find it again.

9 Likes

Thanks @FyshhTrap :grinning:

3 Likes

That’s where mine are going too. Woods on 3 sides of me. Road on the 4th.

6 Likes