How do I lower ph in soil

How do I lower ph in 5gallon pot using organic soil at ph 7.9

What kind of soil are you using

1 Like

Welcome to the community , May I ask what are you using to check PH , Also if using meter when is the last time you calibrated or verified for accuracy.
Happy growing !

2 Likes

Are you using a soil probe or checking the runoff with a meter. when you drench it with water @Hotbox420 .

3 Likes

Testing runoff its 7.9 ph need it to go down to 6.5

Using coast of main organic soil testing with ph pen in 5 gallon till runoff

4 Likes

What’s the input PH? To get that high of PH down I would recommend a flush, what’s the age of plants and nutrients used. What was the run off PPMs, post some plant pics Growmie :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

I flushed it with 6.2 till run off the emphasized textrunoff came out to 7.9 ph the ppm down to zero so I can add nutrients next watering it’s flowering at week 4 purple punch auto

2 Likes

The ppm were way too high around 1800 ppm

1 Like

I would have continued the flush until it hit the range of 6.3-6.8. You’ve got nutrient lock out due to the PH of 7.9 this is preventing nutrient absorption :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Next watering will do it got a new ph pen the other one is a cheap one this one is a blue lab one maybe the cheaper ph pen is off

2 Likes

Nice choice and I use that one and a Blue Lab TDS pen. Don’t trust it out of the box and calibrate it :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Have you added ANY nutes since starting your veg? Also what nutes do you plan to use? I use Coast of Maine Stonington Blend. Only reason i ever had any ph issues was when i was using a water addidtive to remove chlorine and heavy metals which tanked my ph. I only use Coast Of Maine Organic plant food, Worm Castings, and Coast of Maine buds n bloom. Ive had multiple successful grows with them. Ive got a 50 gal fabic pot full of recycled Coast of Maine which i will be following their basic potting soil feeding schedule for the girls in the germination station. Here is a pic of my 6 week old girls that will be flipped in a week into flower. (Im topping with worm castings tonight along with their first feeding of buds n bloom.

2 Likes

I had to order flavha nutrients recently but I was using fox farm cal mag some kelp and hibrix molasses maybe some nitrogen from raw some billions microryza with some worm castings in a brew with air stones

1 Like

Probably

You cant flush down ph. You can flush away salts that lower soil ph (raising it) but you cant just pour water to lower the ph. You would need to add something acidic, like nutrients or soil additive like lime to bring down the soil PH.

This could be the culprit, no nutes to bring down the soil PH but the soil used is already balanced unless its the coast of main made for higher ph plant types. Stovington blend for example is buffered to 6.5ph

Being that there is so much difference between the ph of input and runoff, id go with faulty testing equipment that was the issue here.

1 Like

I know this is older but did u happen to let so much water drip from pots then catch some to check the pH or did u let it all build up in the tray and check it all at once. To lower IRA just make water at a lower pH and water til the por starts to come out at the desired pH u want or need. Hope.u got it all figured out and saved them.

3 Likes