How do i get 7ozs from 1 auto flower

How many plants you can grow in a given space is highly dependent upon your chosen growing style. I could get one and possibly two photo period plants in a 4X4. I might be able to grow 3 autos in that space. To fit two photo period plants in the 4X4 space, I would need to veg for only 35 or 40 days rather than my normal 60 days.

I usually grow two to four strains in each grow. I depends upon how many plants I decide to grow. Most often I grow two or three strains.

Until last year I grew six plants in my 8X8 but I get pounds of excess doing that so I now only grow 2 photo period plants and 2 autos. I still grow much more than I can use along with two folks that I give all of my surplus to.

Edit: You can check out my grows at Merlin's Grow Log - #8376 by merlin44 This thread is very long (using it since 2018). You may need to scroll around to find what you want to see.

3 Likes

@Hodo420 It is very important for you (all newer growers) to understand that there are nearly as many ways to successfully grow cannabis as there are successful growers. There are many correct ways to grow. Many of us advise newer growers to select an experienced/successful grower that grows using techniques that appeal to you and follow what they do until you find success for yourself. At that point you are ready to spread your wings and find your growing style.

Edit: It is also a good idea to start a grow journal of your own and keep all of your questions regarding your grows in that thread. It is easier for the master growers to help you when you need it when all of your grow is documented in one place.

2 Likes

Absolutely true. I run small plants, I do photos on 12/12 from seed to harvest more often than any other style. It allows me to run a lot, I think my last run was around 30 plants for approximately an 8x8 space.

When I veg longer, I end up with between 6 and 10 plants in the same space.

Training is the way to increase yield once you’re certain your other growing parameters (lighting, watering schedule and nutrients, ambient temperature and RH) are dialed in.

1 Like

Well said, @Graysin. Getting the environment dialed in is crucial regardless of your growing style.

1 Like

I totally agree with this statement. Autos will adjust to whatever environment they sense. If the roots hit the sides of a container or don’t find nutrients or have any other issues it seems to lock in a growth pattern for the rest of the grow. I actually found an article about how a plant senses things through the roots and the plant adapts to grow within those parameters. So transplanting a day too late and you get a runt no matter the size of the next pot. So when I grew autos I just planted the seed in a large container and skipped transplanting. I grow photos now as I find it easier, but autos can do great if you tend them well.

3 Likes

Appreciate that info and makes perfect sense. Growing both and knowing every time I start an auto run is like standing in the line for the roller coaster ride sometimes :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

It looks like it could be monster head of broccoli.

2 Likes

@merlin44 Thanks for all the info and thats a good idea . Ill start folling some diffrent grows and see what i like. And from the info youve given me and my experience from my first grow and be growing only 2 plants in my 4x4. Maybe i should do 2 different strains. I like variety.

1 Like

It was you! I been trying to remember who mentioned this before because I might be gonna experience just that thing, trying pot sizes and transplants, I might see some adapting to environments. Shortened my transplant time, into looser soil, more consistent environment and smaller pot. 25 days of my fastest baby-growth yet

2 Likes

Had a Wallace and Gromit flashback there…Lol

I will try to find that info again. I believe it was an agricultural study from a university about farm crops. But it translates into other plants too. Lots of plants grow on a timer like autoflowers do.

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:
that’s where the bulk of the research is eh food crops. Be nice to know what of it can be translated to plants in general. Right now I got a few assumptions based on food stuffs

1 Like

Its well documented that roots are able to produce hormones that can effect the entire plant.
What triggers the hormones and exactly how is still unknown.
https://open.lib.umn.edu/horticulture/chapter/3-3-roots/
From the article…
Many cells within a tissue can respond in a coordinated manner, resulting in changes in the whole plant.
So if that happens in the roots it can cause the entire plant to adjust.

1 Like

hello ogincognito .just wondering what strains of autos your getting theses great yeilds from

1 Like

Hey Growmie, I’ve done very well with Sour Diesel, Super Lemon Haze, Blue Dream and some crosses from a buddy that breeds. The environmental conditions, nutrients and lighting the 1st few weeks play the largest part with autos and yield. My yield also increased when I switched from soil to coco, the 10 ounce auto was grown in a DIY aeroponic set up :love_you_gesture:

Aeroponic

Coco and auto pots

4 Likes

Ive really dug into the LSTing this grow around and im loving every single minute of it.

2 Likes

@CooterJuice pulled over a pound on an auto last year :muscle::muscle::love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Twice actually, lol. First was Sorbet Dream Auto, 20.4oz and the 2nd one was MoB Fire Auto, 16.6oz. Both by Beaver Genetics. Drain to waste system, coco/perlite. :v::dash::dash:

2 Likes

That’s right, forgot there was 2 monsters during that run :muscle::muscle::love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I do Auto’s only (except for that one accidental grow). I’ve had plants yield 2 to 4 oz (not many). On average 8 to 12 oz. My last two were 12 and 15 oz. The two before that were 12 oz each.
The yields got bigger when I took them out of the tent.

3 Likes

Are you guys using hydroponics to get a pound from one auto plant?

1 Like