How deep under the soil should i plant my seed's?

I’m going to be planting my seeds today, how deep under the soil should i plant my seeds ?

You can find the link to the germination guide on the site here; however, if you have the rest down, you want the holes to be one quarter inch, and drop one seed in each hole.

If the seeds sprout in too shallow of a hole, the seed casing may get stuck on the sprout, which may or may not fall off.

One fo my seeds did this; however, I was able to fix the issue through following instructions on another web site. The best way, though, is to make sure the seeds are deep enough. :smile:

Hope that helps.

Making sure the seed is round side, or “belly button” side down, this helps make sure the seed can extract itself from its casing or shell.

~MacG

1 Like

@MacGyverStoner, that is a good thing to know for my next go round with seeds. Fortunately, I only had the one do that, but it kept me web searching for a good while. Every additional tip helps a lot.

…1/2" deep:…

1 Like

one of my plants root’s came out of the soil and it is yellow, is that normal ? also the root that popped out of the soil is way off of the center of my flower pot it is like 3 1/2 inches from the the edge of the flower pot, is that bad ? i think when watering it the seed most of moved, will the root straighten it self out and get closer to the center of my flower pot as it grows ?

Both plants popped out of the soil , one of them pooped out way off center of my flower pot, the flower pot is about 12 inches round and the root is about 3 1/2 inches from the edge of the flower pot, is that bad ? And the other plant that popped out has alot of the white fertilizer rocks that is in my soil sticking to the root, i am hopping that when i water it the white fertilizer rocks fall off of it, is ot ok to put the water directly on top of the plant at this stage of growing ?