How deep in soil Should I Plant 2.5”in Seedling

Finally i’ve Figured out the germination process.
Now my baby is 2.5” high.
Next I will be planting into a 1 gallon grow bag until our daily temps rise in mid March. Then i will transplant into a 5 gallon grow bag. I’m in N. Texas.
How deep should my plant be planted into the 1gal bag?
Again from soil level to top of plant is a little over 2.5”
Uploading: E43E49ED-15D5-42EE-8D73-FA37DAB94B16.jpeg… g

I bury mine up to their necks (first set of leaves) when transplanting.

1 Like

This is why I don’t transplant. Now when I have, I haven’t gone down more than 1”. I then kinda pack the surface dirt which gives the stalk the ability to hold up the plant.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll keep you posted

Im not a huge fan of peat pots, but whatever… one thing I have noticed is the soil around the peat pots generally sinks with time and watering and ultimately the peat pot ends up above the soil surface. For that reason I would plant at least an inch deeper than the top of the peat pot. Also i have used peat pots in the past and realized roots actually have a bit of a struggle penetrating the fabric, I think its just because they arent very strong yet? So I cut the fabric off. In the end I realized that dampening the peat and packing plastic tapered containers with my thumbs until relatively firm was better. That way the formed plug was easy to remove and firm enough to prevent disintegration when removing. Cheaper too.

1 Like

Bury her up to her neck so all that lanky trunk turns to root. Maybe leave an inch of room in the pot in case she does it again a little bit. Nice to meet bya btw…good luck

1 Like

Alright an update on my 1st grow. My seedling ‘Skywalker OG’ is growing quite well. This pic is a 17 days from my last pic. Soil was made in my compost bins.