How cheap can I grow one or two plants

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

Backlog – I am not new to cannabis, although have not used in 40 over years till it became legal in Colorado (except to be social). In the 1960’s it was the rage as was organic buttons and mushrooms. Now I use for aches, pains, as a sleep aid and I love the thrill of watching 3D movies on a big screen OLED within an Indica altered reality. Also I live in legal growing Oregon, so I want to try to ‘grow’, not to sell, but for personal use, (I occasionally vape – never smoke). Do not need pounds… for my goal is making ‘green dragon’ tincture(s).

So, my questions are – how cheap can I grow one or two plants that will eventually end up in a warm pot cooking in alcohol?

What would be the best female to use for highest THC in a tincture?

How long from budding start to under the tongue finish?

Can I use the whole plant rather than ‘just the bud’?

I do not have a green thumb… never was one for agriculture… so dumbing down is a plus. Have the space for indoor grow, but one LED should be more than enough…

I glanced through the information you sent me. Will spend more time reading and taking notes down the road. Time… doing a wrap on a four-year indie documentary currently (I am a poor, one-man production studio). But answers on the above questions would probably set me in the right direction.

Thank you,

2 Likes

I would guess if you’re buying everything you could get into for a few hundred bucks. If you’re a diy type of guy you could probably throw something together for under $100 depending on what you have laying around.

The shortest flowering strains usually take about 8 weeks from time you see pistils, and need to be about 4 weeks to start flowering. So you’re looking at about 12-14 weeks minimum start to finish with the right strain if you don’t mind smaller plants.

3 Likes

Come join the forum take some time to read and know we have taught people that could kill a stone to grow :wink:

6 Likes

For strains you cant beat ilgms crystal! High in thc & also high cbds. Welcome to forum!

2 Likes

The crystal turned out good for you then @Laurap ?

1 Like

Just for fun, if you want to do it as cheap as you can here ya go…
Get some bag seed from a friend, go to your local hardware store get you a cheap bag of no name organic soil. Pop your seeds , drop the seeds and your soil in a 5 gal bucket and water . I’m sure you could pick up a cheap fertilizer for veg and bloom . set your bucket in a sunny spot and your growing… 25 bucks maybe? That’s what it cost me the 1st time.

7 Likes

OMG, i absolutely love it! Got almost a lb & half from four. Warning, dont expect to do much afterwards. Zombie weed! Going to definitely grow again!

2 Likes

If you go with a 5 gallon bucket drill lots of holes in it! Growing outdoors is a savings in many ways. However, just like an indoor grow you can run into problems.
There’s some great folks here that can & will help you no matter what you decide :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

yep I like it too! SMILEYBIGSMOKE

1 Like

@SmoknGranny I took the question as how cheap can you get by growing a couple plants… and your right. I forgot to drill holes rofl%5B1%5D

2 Likes

Your cheapest grow will be in a sunny location in the ground.

For the fastest return you should go with an autoflower strain. If you don’t want to purchase seeds then bag seed will be good, but it will most likely be a photoperiod plant. You won’t be able to harvest until September or October.

Oregon has great soil from what I understand. This could help cut down on the need for additional nutrients.

You get out of it what you put into it…

4 Likes

Yes you did Sweetie :hugs:. That’s why Old SmoknGranny has your back :rofl:

2 Likes

You beat me to it, @Sasquatch - a 10 dollar bag of pre-fertilized soil, a seed and nothing else. Cut a hole in the bag, plant the seed and water it.

2 Likes

Now @PhantomFarmer you know we don’t recommend prefertilized soil as the nutrients are off and considered too hot for MJ :blush: :hugs:

4 Likes

Oh, I know @SmoknGranny but it’s about all I ever use, the dreaded MG!

1 Like