How can I get away for time off

Ok I have 3 plants in the flower tent they need water every 5 days how can I get away for 2 weeks what is everyone doing for vacations. I grow in soil with nutrients

1 Like

They sell different types of self contained auto watering devices.

This is one but there are many.

The whole thing is how do you keep the ph and ppm of your water steady when your gone

You don’t go, or you find a trusted grow buddy to help.

4 Likes

Do people doing hydro have the same problem?

I would assume you set up your water bottles with the proper levels before you fill the auto watering bottles. Then at least its right going in…

Once the water sits the ph will stray away as well as the oxygen from the water sitting for so long. On top of that, the “standing” water in the tent can and will go stagnant. Grow buddy for sure, no other options

1 Like

The ph will drop after a time I think the nuts would stay but I have never tried it

Usually people with serious grows dont/cant plan to be gone that long. Or they have a trusted friend. 2 weeks is a long time so whoever you get better be savvy with mixing nutes and adjusting water. Can’t get away with water only for 2 weeks(unless your in super soil)

4 Likes

I have my father in law watch things when we go. He has a farm and we are starting him a grow over there so he likes to practice on mine. We don’t leave any more than a week at a time.

1 Like

This is my first grow so I didn’t know it would take so long I started these in February and still have 2 plants I just switched to 12/12 next year I’ll be able to get things set so I can take the summer off

Wow, February? What are they looking like if they’re not done yet?

3 Likes

I have set them outside depend on mother nature for sunlight and little rain occasionally get back home bring them back in. Work for me but I know everybody’s situation is different.

2 Likes

You let it veg for 4 months? Oh, boy, that’s gotta be quite a beast you have.

Typically, it’s ok to switch to bloom after 6-8 weeks. Some people will allow for long veg times, especially on outdoor plants.

2 Likes

Take a look at Blumat’s. I run mine with just PH’d water and top feed when necessary. Purchased for same reason, time away. You can flood your tent, be prepared if it happens. Shouldn’t unless you do something stupid, which I did a couple of times. :slight_smile: If your set up for it its not the end of the world just a pain. On my first trip, uneasy with having them set so that wouldn’t happen I just had someone open the valves for a set period of time. They don’t even have to have access to the plantings in that case, just the reservoir. As long as you don’t let the res sit too long you shouldn’t have big problems with PH, oxygen etc… I try and refresh it around once a week if I need to. When they are drinking heavy I don’t worry about it.

1 Like

PS I’ve run them with liquid nutes also. It works, sort of, but at the end of the run you can have some buildup and clogging you have to deal with. I stopped but would consider it for a short period if I needed.

1 Like

There not all that old the wife kept planting seeds and I ended up with 6 plants I got her to quit planting seeds but a couple of them are pretty good sized

1 Like

I’d love to see pics of those…:nerd_face::v:

1 Like

Agreed!

1 Like