How can I get 10 foot plants

I see that a lot of growers have tall plants, between 6 -10 feet tall. How is this done? Are there certain strains that I should plant?
I live in south florida, so weather is not a problem.
I have planted Acapulco Gold and Panama Red. The tallest is 18 inches tall.

1 Like

All you need is plenty room for the roots, a long enough veg time, and adequate lighting, you could probably about 75% (guestimate) of all strains to get that tall.

My Acupaco gold was was over 4ft tall in a tent that i topped it twice so im sure 10ft outside will be very easy for that one and i use 5gal air pot

1 Like

Outdoor you should be able to get that no problem. Inside tents you can get 6-7 foot tall plants if you have proper lighting and headroom and big enough pots. What size pots or you using I grow autos that get 2-3 foot tall in 3gal pots!!

1 Like

@POMPANOGUY. I’ve had them up to 12 ft outside but I use 1/2 of a 45 gal barrel.
Gives them lots of room to grow out as well as up. Bigger roots. Bigger plants.
Had one go 9 months and could have gone longer. Didn’t due to weather. :roll_eyes:
Best of luck in your grows. :+1:
Peace. :v:

I have mine in 5 gallon tree plant pots. Florida sunshine and lots of room. Lots of room to grow. Cant figure what is wrong

10 ft. plants get so thick that pruning them becomes self defeating, the inner part of the plant becomes all sticks and stragglers while the bottom becomes shaded by the top and it’s susceptible to wind damage.
I found a 4 to 6 ft. plant gives you a good yield and finishes on time, whereas the unnatural oversize plant wants to keep on growing and tends to give you everything from unfinished to over finished buds and everything in between, they’re not worth all the extra labor and the end product isn’t as good as a more natural sized plant. You’ll have new buds springing forth from finished buds, it gets ugly.

3 Likes

Grow it outside when it’s warm enough in your area by harvest they can be big if you do it right

2 Likes

I am in S.Fl. always warm and lost of sun! Cant get them larger than about a foot. Big 3.5 gallon pot

1 Like

You need a bigger pot. I did some that were 5 or 6 feet high but they were in 15 gallon fabric pots. @BIGE uses 65 gallon and none of his plants are 10 feet high.

2 Likes

I think I got lucky but outdoors all I had to do was throw seeds in the ground and water them and I got anywhere from 6-10 foot tall bushy plants. I didn’t feed them, I didn’t check PH, I didn’t prune them…I didn’t touch them at all. hell I didn’t even buy soil…I threw them in the damn ground lol.

5 Likes

100 gallon should be plenty good if you want a monster

The wonders of nature

1 Like

right? was just some bag seeds too. this was years ago, wish I still had the pics but that was about 3 Iphone’s ago haha. the dirt where I planted them was super black/moist/rich looking so I figured it would work good and it sure did.

2 Likes

Ii have big pots used for small trees. When should I put my plants into the pots? From just past seedling stage, or when?

I let my seedlings fill solo cups with roots (use clear cups so you can see the root growth) and then transplant them to their forever home no matter what size pot that would be. but this is how I do it indoors. I haven’t grown outdoors in a few years.

That is what I am doing. 12 ounce clear cups.
When the plant is about 4-6 inches high, 2 sets of leaves, I transplant. They get sun all day.

Water them often…sunlight dries the earth out

I would keep doing what you’re doing then. wouldn’t change anything. one thing I forgot to mention though, make sure when you’re using clear cups that you stack them inside of a colored cup so that the roots don’t get any light hitting them. then you just pull the clear cup out whenever you want to check on the root growth.

5 Likes