How can I block a member?

There is someone being obnoxious and I want to block this person from posting comments on my threads. I couldn’t find an icon to do it.
Thank you.

Don’t think you can. If anyone knows maybe @Countryboyjvd1971 or @garrigan65 would know

1 Like

@Hogmaster @latewood just in case the other mods aren’t on today. Hope you get it taken care of @anon86934464.

Don’t worry I won’t comment any more. I’ll just watch and learn.

7 Likes

Thanks folks, this is good news actually. If you don’t have the tool it means it isn’t a problem here. I’m assuming it will just fade away.

All good.

1 Like

Think things just need to be taken with a grain of salt

2 Likes

If it’s an harassing post, flag it. It will get to the mods that way. They will PM the offender and you will likely be contacted as well.

2 Likes

Good to know.
I believe it won’t be needed now (and I rest my case).
Yes, grain of salt, always good.

1 Like

Wow talk about something outa nothing

6 Likes

There are a lot of experienced people that are very helpful here.

6 Likes

There is a way to kinda block someone. Go to your profile page. Click on the left drop down menu and choose Preferences. Next, click on the right drop down menu and pick Users.

That mutes them, but does not block them, per se. You just won’t be notified if they bother you, but it’s up the you to flag them and just move along.

3 Likes

@Bubblehead you can talk on my tread any time you want I love getting input

3 Likes

Unfortunately things come across a little differently when it’s typed out rather than spoken. I have seen nothing but good folks trying to help one another and wanting yours(mine, everyone’s) grow to do well. I don’t think anyone is trying to be malicious by all means again I think just the way it’s read over hearing a normal conversation gets a wee bit misunderstood.

4 Likes

Same, @Bubblehead. My degree is in history so I’m basically useless.

2 Likes

Everything seems to have worked out here? Thanks @blackthumbbetty for assisting with directions.

5 Likes

Yup. Everything has been worked out. Moderators and adms, you are great. Other folks, same. I’ve been posting regularly and my experience with other members has been great with two insignificant exceptions. My questions was really out of a lack of patience, a desire to optimize my time here and things like that. No nasty trolling or anything like that, don’t worry. I will not detail the issues because, as I said, things have been worked out.

Thank you so much: this is exactly what I was looking for.

1 Like

This is the most respectful group I’ve seen on a forum. We’re all stoned which helps but still!

@latewood should be given his due for setting up this community for us to enjoy. You will still occasionally see a knucklehead (mainly the ones who blame everything BUT themselves lol) but it sorts itself out.

7 Likes

Indeed it is (respectful). I’d add very useful, too: nothing like sharing practical application of things, especially the negative results :slight_smile: . One thing is what is supposed to happen, the other is what really happens. The perlite hint was golden for me.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, it got ugly. My innocuous journal became a magnet for judgmental comments. All very just “slightly” hostile but in clear group “light” attack. I got the message - another day I’ll delete the account. All tribes have their initiation rituals. I didn’t pass and the interactions are now just plain negative: from (mis)diagnosing my soil through pictures, now there is psychoanalytic diagnosing of me. From my experience, this is irreversible. All groups have their own dynamics. You have a good thing going on here, I respect you for that and wish you well.

Good luck and thank you.

1 Like