How big should plants be at 11 days

How big should plants be at 11 days? When to trans plant…

Some plants will take a while 2 grow above soil because they are setting roots. For transplant 4 weeks at least. I did some at 3 weeks with no problem

3 Likes

Here’s my array of “around 8-12 days” plants. I couldn’t tell you exactly how old any one of them is but there’s no “right size” - just genetic differences and environmental differences.

4 Likes

About this size and as soon as a root hits the bottom of your cup or pot

5 Likes

The first pic is how mine look … I transplanted them to 5gal containers today… There forever home… I put root hormone on the dirt plug and water not a lot…

1 Like

Are they autos or photoperiods? Cuz photos grow slower than autos at first. Don’t worry. It’s just root building. :v:

1 Like

They are photos, I have had the light on them 24/7 never off a TS 600 mars hydro, just got a ts 1000 still in the box… 2 feet above… Question what is the meter called that measures light intensity? Is it good to have ione?

I have 2 brand new DWC’s 2 5 gallon all new to me… I read this type of plant dose very well in soil… I started them in paper towel and didn’t want to mess the seeds up trying to get them into the root riot…

1 Like

I think’s gonna be too much light. They’re stunted because you’re not giving them any lights-out so they can actually use all the energy you’re giving them with that light. I’ll defer to @dbrn32 on this one but that’s my understanding. I suggest giving them 18/6 - 18 on and 6 in darkness to give recovery time.

You want to know what the DLI is, again see dbrn for info about that one, I’m kind of ignorant in that respect. I just give more/less light based on how my plants react but that’s a not at all scientific approach.

2 Likes

O shit, fen newbie over doing it , OK, thanks ya … I m going with what everyone on this forum tells me… see this other cat told me to blast them… I have a new light that can control the intensity with but I dont know jack, this @dbrn32 is on this forum OK, cool thanks a lot…

2 Likes

Running your lights 24/0 won’t necessarily stunt them, but it may keep your node spacing a little tighter. Cannabis is c3 plant which means it doesn’t need any darkness in order to complete all plant processing in veg. Photoperiod plants will need darkness to flower, but that’s about it. In most cases it’s just cheaper to not run your lights all day.

The meter you asked about is a par meter. A good unit will probably run several hundred dollars. You probably don’t need it, just be sure your lights are proper for the space you’re in. Looks like about 4x4 tent? Mars ts600 and ts1000 pretty weak if so.

2 Likes

Dont worry about the growth size it will take off if your provideing good conditions. I once had a 3 week autoflower that was 4 inches tall it was a pathetic piece of shit i hated that dinky fucker every time i went into my tent i wanted to beat its ass. At 8 weeks it was 6ft tall running into my lights and i had no space in my tent it was uncontrollable. I trans plant when the leaves are passing the edge of the cup its better to transplant early rather then later.

Well, what kind of light would you suggest… I will get it next… Thank You for your help…

2 Likes

Thanks, I feel better about my small plants… You are funny,.

2 Likes

$20 says “HLG” :joy: cuz 90% of us do

3 Likes

Yup. Just bought my 2nd one.

2 Likes

Was i correct that this a 4x4 tent?

I dont have a tent yet … in 2.5 BY 3 closet with fan and Mylar… about 5.4 high

This is what you need a light for, or you’re planning on an upgrade?

Actually when I get another light I just need to get what I need to get that you would recommend… Some are saying HLC? I dont know what that is…

Hlg, is short for horticulture lighting group. If you’re looking for light for your closet, hlg-300L would probably be best option from them. They are excellent lights, and have great customer service. If you look around on Google can probably find a discount code too.

1 Like