How big of a fan? and what power

2 X 2 X 2M tent - X 4 600W lights - what sort of intake outake fans will i need - thanks

Hi @McLovin777, if you want a precise answer you’ll need to give more information, : hid lights, cfl or led and do you have a carbon filter ?

~Al :v: :innocent:

of course i have a carbon filter bro :slight_smile: well… i do for the other tent.
so il be looking for a complete rhino kit just not sure what size. I’ll be using x 4 600w HPS bulbs for this tent

So you’ll need a minimum of 140 cfm exhaust/intake fan with consideration to let you use CO2. :grinning:

Hoping that’s helping you @McLovin777

P.s. Here’s a topic that I create that give you a step by step information :wink:

2 Likes

My brains not working so well at the moment, tried to calculate one of those formulas earlier… have been in hospital past week mind you.
Cfm is cubic feet per minuet right?
i have a 2 x 2 x 2 meter tent not feet (not sure if you picked up on it or not)

1 Like

Yes I did my friend, 2 meters = 6.56168 or if you prefer 6’6"74 :wink::grinning::innocent:

ahhh fair play, i was thinking it was an underestimate as i planned on getting a 400m2 an hour haha
If your interested in checking it out its a 5" Rhino Pro fan filter kit thermostat - so hopefully… it will keep the room at a nice temperature consistently :slight_smile: il just grab more 10 inch osculating fans if its too hot

1 Like

Lol :grinning: 140 cfm is the strict minimum… You can choose to go with a higher cfm if you wish :grinning::wink:

1 Like

I run about 500 watts in a 2x2x5 tent and I have a 6 inch inline centrifugal fan on top pulling the hot air out the tent thru the carbon scrubber with a variable control switch and a 4 inch inline fan on the bottom with a variable control switch bringing fresh cooler air inside the tent, which keeps my temps right at 72-76 degrees in veg and 75-78 degrees in flower on full spectrum on my three led panels, I run 2 Advance XTE 200’s and a 400 watt China brand which the XTE 's are 182 true watts and the cheap 400 is about a 124 true watts and I’m about to add a Mars hydro Pro II Cree series 126 in there on this grow when I go into flower.

Nice… led’s really are tempting, but the initial investment is about 2 or
3 times more expensive per light… i may get some next go round, but for
now the good ol’ hps and mh will have to do me. Just bargained for a 6inch
rhino thermostatic fan :slight_smile: got a good deal… and hopefully itll be able to
keep the room nice and cool with 2400w of light!!

If you have gone with it, it has a 420m3/hour capabilities or roughly 247 cfm, you’ll will be happy with it so your plant too, @McLovin777 :wink::grinning:

~Al :innocent: :v:

1 Like

With that much light you will produce a good amount of heat. A 5 or six inch fan should do it. Dependent on the ambient room temp, you may want to have a fan pushing air in also. I have a 2X4x5 foot grow tent and I have one 4 inch fan in and one 4 inch fan out. I live in Texas and even with A/C in the summer the house stays in the 80’s some times.

2 Likes

lucky son of a gun, literally. Texas is the bomb man, i’m a rainy country version… so no awesome weather and shitty gun laws.