How big of a container when growing organic?

Hey guys, this is my first time growing and I’m doing organic. I vegged for 37 days and switched to flower. The strains I’m growing ILGM - Blue Dream/Gold Leaf are 9 week flower time. They are in 10 gal fabric pots. I’m wondering, is 10 gal enough? How do you know what size container to get when growing organic? This pic is 9 days into flower and I do compost teas every 2 weeks. The other pic is the soil I’m using. Any info helps thanks!
image image

Even with my head tilted, that’s a beautiful sea of green! Nice growing. I wish I knew more about your question to help.

1 Like

Thanks man. I’m doing my best. Idk why it tilts my pics all the time lol

1 Like

how big do you want your plants?

The larger the pot or mound the bigger the roots can get. Since the root is responsible for transporting the food and water it stands to reason a huge area will allow the plant to reach its potential given the right climate.

1 Like

Holy crap man!!! Those are massive! They are like trees :evergreen_tree:. Very impressive! As far as how big I want mine I did 37 days of veg. Do you think 10 gal is enough to take me through 9 weeks of flower? I transplanted them into the 10 gal from a 3 gal 7 days before I flipped to flower.

One trick many outdoor enthusiasts use to promote growth and strong plants is to focus watering at or slightly beyond the drip line. I start this practice as early as the seedling. This helps the plant establish a wide base to prevent wind damage and gives the plant an ever widening area for food and water.

2 Likes

I grow mine from around xmas to October of the following year. They go in the ground looking like this

Then the plants veg until August.
As for your plants, if you think your pot is getting kinda small for the plant, transplant them at least 2 weeks before the switch. That will give the plants time to access the new food and spread new root. The yeild will be bigger for sure. I dont use plant food at all, Im ab organic grower. The problem with containers and organics is that as soon as the roots hit the pot wall they have consumed all the food. Its at this point they begin to show deficiencies unless nutrients are supplied. It is entirely possible to use organic based liquid nutruents such as seaweed extracts and vat guano teas, but its a lot of work and possible to overdo it. Soil is very hard to correct and for that reason a true organic regime is to feed the soil not the plant.

1 Like

That’s awesome man. That’s plants are the tits!
I know with mine, the roots didn’t fill out the 3 gal in 37 days so maybe 10 gal will be enough to make it 9 weeks. Thanks for the info and thanks for sharing those beasts :muscle::love_you_gesture::fire::evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Yes you should be fine! Just stick to your plan. And thanks! Anytime! I hope you have a good harvest and maybe one day you can grow 9 month weed! You only need one harvest a year for more dope than you can smoke!

3 Likes

Hell yeah man I like it. I live in Michigan so I’ve gotta check on the rules for growing outdoors but you’ve inspired me to try it haha

1 Like

I need it a little bigger than that. :crazy_face:

1 Like

ive seen one bigger than that but that one is farkin massive! I think they said they got 18 pounds dry bud off it!

1 Like

Oh I would love to grow a massive beast outdoors.And the pollen on that Tora Bora is crazy.

Oh yeah! How are the Tora Bora doing? I must have a sitrep stat!

1 Like

I can say for sure the Johaar will be super tall and smell wonderful! The Balkhi are award winning in every check box! Definitely a worthwhile plant. I firmly believe Balkhi is ideal for an indoor grow! Bushy as heck and smells wonderful

1 Like

The male Tora Bora is really loaded. When I day loaded if you touch it a dust cloud happens. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Dont you have a female?

1 Like

Yeah I think so. Because she is sprouted the ssme time as the male. But she hasn’t shown if she is going to be a female.

1 Like

May I ask what training and or topping have you done? Any pictures? Very nice - well shaped and uniform. How tall are they now?
I am asking because I have 4 girls on day 31 of veg, all have been topped twice and LST completed yesterday. Looking to flip in a couple of days. thanks

1 Like

Absolutely man. I topped them 1x and used low stress training.