How big is the minimum size of pot you need to grow a auto flower plant

Would a 4 gallon pot be big enough to grow a auto flower plant from seed to flower

2 Likes

Yep I’d say 3 to 5 gallon. I usually use all 7 gallon and get nice size plants 7 seems a bit much for autos tho

1 Like

Definitely not a 1 gallon. I’ve got a 2½ foot tall auto in a 1 gallon and I’m feeding it twice a day some days. @Mark0427 got ya

3 Likes

Yeah I tried fems in 1 gallon and got baby’s. I’m not a fan of the small pots. They don’t do me well. Lol.

1 Like

I do 1 gallon and 2 gallons pots for autos lmaooo, savings space

1 Like

Just a sample lmaooo
IMG_20220120_073513

Thanks everyone for the feedback I definitely appreciate it I’m currently using a 6 gallon pot and it just seems a little excessive first time iv ever done a auto flower plant I have a lot of wasted dirt at the end that ends up in my dirt bin cause I like to start each grow with fresh dirt

Still learning all the rope’s iv just started my third grow so far not bad I learned a lot from each grow I’m currently growing a purple Haze plant after it’s ready to be harvested I’m building a bigger room and in the meantime I’m getting different auto flower seeds and that gives me a few months to get everything ready for a auto flower grow

These are in 2 gal fabric pots, seem to be working well enough but I have to water every other day.

I’ve been using 5 gallon fabric pots but I think it’s just wasted space as these autos rarely grow very big. Switching to 3 gallons after this grow and will see if there is any impact

I use 2 - 3 gallon pots and have great success. The root system on autos is not extensive .
I have grown 2 foot tall loaded with flowers autos.

1 Like

I used 3 gallon pots on my last round of autoflowers with great success but I was watering every two to three days, this round I went back to 5 gallon pots to see if I can stretch out my watering routine a little bit. I just felt like I was bordering on Coco growing as often as I had to water in the small pots. I kind of think that feeding every two and a half days is one of the reasons I had really good luck in 3 gal pots. Let’s just say I’m still experimenting with pot size.

3 gallon works great for me.

There is really no minimum pot size for anything. There’s people here that grow larger plants in solo cups than a lot of people do in 3 gallon or larger pots. Will always come down to knowledge, experience, and what you’re trying to accomplish.

A 3 gallon fabric pot is a good middle of the road choice for indoor growing.

Yup. I’m about to embark on a solo cup challenge Autoflower. :v: because nothing teaches you how to read (or kill) a plant like keeping the pot tiny.

1 Like

I use a five gallon fabric pot and i get big autos using five gallon fabric pot