How big are your ladys in august? Lets see them!

no, for the heat i place a small heater pointing at the bottle jack. don’t over heat. also i let it press for a good hour cranking the jack a couple clicks every few minutes. Paitence is a virtue for this part
butttttttt oh so worth the wait. i have honestly only smoked a joint or so of my haul. its been hash oil and hash for me. have never been so high in my life. hence all the mispells etc…LMAO
FREE WEED = FREEDOM FROM BIG PHARMA

2 Likes

Something along those lines but with a bracket of sorts to jack up against?

1 Like

ypu my freind have made your own press. i put my jack under a 400 lb table (long stoey why it weighs so much) and apply the pressure and heat. i will let mine press for a good hour or so cranking it a coupls clicks every so often. i also put hvac tape over the end of the socket so it covers those little voids and no yummies are left behind.
i must say you are a mcgyver after my own heart. a lot of this stuff we buy is easily made with a little thought.

2 Likes

Sure is can’t stand spending hard earned money on something I can easily build or make at home with a little thought behind it. Thanks for helping me out with the press idea I appreciate it

4 Likes

Just curious how much product were you putting in each time?

2 Likes

i add about 2 inches then press a while 15 minutes or so then just keep building it up and on the last press is when i leave it for about an hour.

curious what method you use to collect your keif? i actually do the dty sift method with screens.
watched a good video on u tube about dry sifting. Seems to be the best method i found so far.
would like to find a larger screen set up. I am on a mission to find some large peices of screen with the proper sized wholes. once i figure it out will post pictures.

1 Like

I’m a huge fan of the trim bin. You don’t lose any kief at all. Best $50 I ever spent that and the 6 pack of trimming scissors

1 Like

yeah ,i have the green one 2 works amazing am just looking to run my stash to hash lmao

want to make a set of screens about 2’ x 3’ each set will drop into the next for different grades you know. first , second and third smallest screen top shevle and down the line.

I hear that. Hey are you just pressing kief with that set up or just straight bud or both?

i just press my keif . never tried pressing the bud itself.

i actually press it the other way. so the socket presses down. that way no keif falls out of the top.
i am working on my screen set up next. want to be able to work 5 or 6 times the material im processing now. also want to hook up some sort of agitator to vibrate the screens as i pull the material back and forth. i definately think dry sift is the most authentic way to recover the trichs. (just my stupid brain trying to keep things as tried and true as possible. i’m an old school fool)

1 Like

Old school fool!! Nothing wrong with that. You find something that works well there’s no to reinvent the wheel right. I’m going to put that press set up to the test when I get home from work today. I’ll let you know how I made out. Are you using a heat gun for your heat source?

no i think a heat gun might to hot. i have one of those cheesy ass space heaters that i point at it from about a foot away (remember not a ton of heat just enough to help it tighten up)

Right on good point too don’t want it too hot well I’ll have all weekend and a half Oz of kief to play with to dial it in also did some homework on making a little ghetto dab press maybe we’ll see how that works out. Hey thanks again for the input! I’ll send some pics your way with the results

1 Like

are you talking about the hair straightener. My wife doesn’t own one. Time for a new mrs.olodguy
LMAO. let me know how you make out. I pressed 35 grams yesterday. gonna be a great weekend.
just don’t know why my buddies won’t leave.

just a little something i noticed yesterday. I ran a zip through the bin. Froze the bud for an hour then broke it up and prossecessed. I must have been to agreesive with my extraction and had a green hue to it. Its good hash but i like it a little more blonde, seems to be have beeter terps and that crazy good taste. If yours is just from trimming im sure its nice and blonde.

1 Like

these are good

hey First how did it go this past weekend. i have been pressing away. i have about 60 grams of nice blonde sheesh, a good weeks supply lmao

1 Like