How are these seedlings doing?

I need some advice please. These are almost four days old and I dont think they look good. I have them in compressed coco coir fiber grow medium. They where put in dirt two days ago. The water o used has sulphur in it. I. Am using a 40 wt led on a 18_6 schedule.

Could that be the problem or what advice to you all have to give. Thanks in advance

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 could you or someone you know help them out? Not an expert here so im not much help.

1 Like

So what are you in, coco or dirt? If dirt, WHAT dirt? Light intensity could be better so I’d lower it. Very damp soil which will drown the seedlings. Get a fan on that and when dry enough, put a clear Solo cup over as a dome and only spray the inside of the dome with distilled water twice per day. Lights 24/0 for the first two weeks.

2 Likes

Minute Soil - Compressed Coco… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JGHJYV3?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share this is what they are in. Are you saying I need to lower my light down or lower the wattage. I appreciate your help also.

2 Likes

you knew you were all in. that’s brave. I kind of let things get out of control. like whats one more?

1 Like

Morning after their first (unnecessary) feeding.

3 Likes

Light intensity should be a bit higher to reduce stretching. Closer would work fine.

1 Like

Could you give me some advice on what to feed and when to feed the little ladies. The set up os in a 5x10 cellar. 1 have a 1000wt HPS with reflector tube cooler for later on. right now i just have them under a 42in shop light with led. Will i need more lighting if I plan on having twenty all together

1 Like

A 1000 watt hps is good for a 5x5 area, so depends on how big you veg them up before flowering. If grown sea of green style in 3 gal pots, the one hps could be enough, but for bigger plants, you’d want to add another 1k hps, 2 of them will cover the 5x10 space nicely.

Coco is a medium that I am not familiar with. Search on coco to find recent posters who are coco growers, as they can give you some guidance.

Still going strong for being early on nutes.

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 should i have them at an 18/6 schedule already? Or should i put them under 24 for a little longer? My first photo seeds so im trying to play it (kinda) safe

2 Likes

I do the same. I cant even throw out the lower branches after I’ve trimmed. I wet them, dip them in rooting powder and into their own little pots and watch to see what happens :sunglasses:

1 Like

I do constant light until transplant. Then 16/8 for me.

1 Like

They’re looking great!

2 Likes

1 Like

what must I do now. I’m beginning to thing it is the coco I have them in. Can you transplant this early before the rest of them perish

The dirt isnt that wet it has a shadow over it

To me it looks like its not deep enough and so it can’t hold itself up. Im not by any means an expert. I grow in roots organics soil too, no experience in coco at all.
@PurpNGold74 @blackthumbbetty @AAA
Dont know if you guys could help out @Tuckmd or not i just always see your names across here.

I just took them out of that coco. The root system was as long as the cup it was in. I put it in another one and covered it up to the leaves. You think that will b ok. And I’m gonna try my 1000w sodium bulb at 50% how high should u keep it away from them