How and when to top?

These are my two Amnesia Haze AF, they are a month old since I planted the seeds. They are in about 4gals of Foxfarm Ocean Floor potting soil. Couple of questions… 1 not sure when or how to top them so are they ready to top now? 2 How are they looking for a month old? They started out in some really cloudy and stormy weather so kinda feel they are stunted due to low sunlight but are they looking healthy? Not sure when I should start giving them nutritents with the Foxfarm. TIA

2 Likes

they look great @Wishbone,let your plant grow another true set of leafs at least.min. myself i would go to your 4-5 node true leafs…you are almost ready,maybe a week or so out…jmo good luck!

5 Likes

Looking good there!

I chose FIMMing over topping and grow four tops from one. Like @BIGE says wait till you have a fifth set of true leaves, which won’t be long judging by the look of your healthy sprouts :sunglasses:

Here is a little diagram showing the Fimming vs topping locations.

Hope this helps and happy growing!

3 Likes

There also how to videos on YouTube about topping , fimming, super cropping. All kinds of stuff good luck

1 Like

Ty everyone for your advice! @Oldstoner thanks for the YouTube tip! Video makes it so much easier to understand when can watch someone actually doing the tips.

2 Likes

@Wishbone

These fokes are awesome right, Great info from all

Will

4 Likes

I like to top at 5 sets of true leafs as others have said. I tried fimming this time around with a little LST and did a little supercropping to give that a try. Topping and fimming are are similar techniques. Fimming results in getting up to 4 colas where as topping you would get 2. If you have a few plants you could try a could of each technique and see the results for yourself. Both techniques are pretty easy to achieve with little effort.

Happy growing

1 Like